Search My Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Daily Tech Tips (Windows,Linux and Mac) and News: EasyLife - Allows new and even experienced users to install and configure software on Fedora

This Blog
This Blog
 
 
 
 

Wednesday, 6 October 2010

EasyLife - Allows new and even experienced users to install and configure software on Fedora

easyLife allows new and even experienced users to install and configure software on Fedora, just by clicking. It's simple and clean. Among others, these are some of easyLife features:

    * Sets "sudo" command up for your regular user;
    * Configures RPMFusion repository for extra and non-free software;
    * Installs Flash Player plugin;
    * Installs all kinds of Codecs (h264,divx,xvid,mp3 etc);
    * Installs nvidia drivers;
    * Installs Skype;
    * Installs Sun Java and Sun Java Plugin for Firefox;
    * Integrates Sun Java with system-switch-java;
    * Installs Google apps (Picasa, Desktop);
    * And many others...

Download easylife from here http://easylifeproject.org/

How To Install

Click two times on the downloaded package or su -c "rpm -Uvh easylife-2.1-1.noarch.rpm"

Screenshot




Go there...
http://www.mydailytechtips.com/2010/10/easylife-allows-new-and-even.html

This is a pretty cool Command Line Script - Gui Combination App. It opens in a Terminal window and then a Gui window with check boxes comes up, for you to select the Apps and Tweaks that you want to run - install. After you make your selections and start the installs, it goes back to the Command Line window and does the work for you. I was going to paste all of the output from my selections in here. But the Terminal Window auto closed when I wasn't looking... I'm attaching a Screen Shot of what I installed, but I may have to put the file on my Server before it will show up in my Blog. We'll see... So, guess I'll just have to go look for all of my new Apps now... I would love to be able to add all of my favorite Fedora 13 Apps (  )from my sh script. But the /usr/local/bin/easylife is a real Binary App file. So, that may be above my knowledge and experience... First, I will have to find an App that can open the file without the warning... Saving this file will produce a Corrupted file.

Don

No comments: