|T r u e C r y p t|
Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
What is new in TrueCrypt 7.0a
The Fedora 13 rpmfusion nonfree Repo also has realcrypt which is based on Truecrypt.
Based on TrueCrypt, freely available at http://www.truecrypt.org/.
realcrypt is mainly just a rebrand to allow for modifications to take place, functionality remains all the same.
* Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
* Encrypts an entire hard disk partition or a storage device such as USB flash drive.
* Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
* Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: 1) Hidden volume (steganography). 2) No RealCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
* Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent, Triple DES, and Twofish. Mode of operation: LRW (CBC supported as legacy).
I'm trying it out today...