Search My Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Texas Instruments EvalBot - TI EvalBot Assembly walk-through

TI EvalBot Assembly walk-through
« Thread Started Today at 9:07am »
So I recieved my EvalBot last night and I thought I'd give a quick pictoral on the assembly.

Here's the box as I received it:
[image]

There were 2 boxes in the set:
[image]

One box had the misc hardware and destruction manual while the other held the main populated circuit board:
[image]
[image]

Pictures of front and back of populated circuit board:
[image]
[image]

After all of the parts were removed from the circuit board:
[image]

Assembling the drive motors:
[image]
[image]
[image]
It's important to note here that the wheels are 3 circuit board layers thick and the holes must line up so that the optical sensors on the main board can pass light through them to keep count of rotations.
Also, there are 2 set screws that are holding the 3 boards together. I recommend getting some channel locks or vise grips and holding the alignment of the wheels together so that when you insert the set screw the boards do not separate. Sorry I didn't get any better pictures of that.

[image]
[image]
[image]

As it sits completed:
[image]

And powered up:
[image]





Read more:http://ti-evalbot.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=18#ixzz13DWQdH7T

Go there...
http://ti-evalbot.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=18

Don

No comments: