Spam Mails Masquerading as WhatsApp Circulating, Cautions Webroot
According to Webroot, the security company, spam mails posing as messages from WhatsApp an instant-messaging (IM) software program used across platforms that caters to more than 300m subscribers actively using the application at present are presently getting distributed for maligning as many computers as possible.
The most recent version of the junk e-mail run presently asserts that there's certain "1 New Voicemail/ Voice Message Notification" e-mail for the user to read from his inbox.
Disturbingly, Webroot indicates that the attached file regarding so-called voicemail is a fake that also carries one Trojan downloader, which apparently pulls down more malware via its central command-and-control (C&C) system.
Webroot says that this additional malicious program has been detected as Trojan.Win32.Sharik.qhd.
- See more at: http://www.spamfighter.com/News-18647-Spam-Mails-Masquerading-as-WhatsApp-Circulating-Cautions-Webroot.htm#sthash.kfFP5M7S.dpuf
- Spam - Fake WhatsApp Voicemail Notifications Deliver Malware
- WhatsApp Spam - Google Search
- WhatsApp Hoax - Hello I Am DAVID D SURETECH Founder of WhatsApp
- Spam Mails Masquerading as WhatsApp Circulating, Cautions Webroot - FIGHTERtools
- WhatsApp 'New Voicemail' Malware Email
- whatsapp spam hoax messages | Techwhatsapp
- Fake WhatsApp Voicemail Notifications Deliver Malware - eSecurity Planet
- E-mail Scam Claims To Be WhatsApp Voicemail Message - Anti Spam Filter Software - Virtual Appliance for Enterprise and ISP.
- Why Facebook bought Whatsapp | Econsultancy
- WhatsApp’s Koum Reiterates: No Facebook Integration, Voice Calls Coming | TechCrunch