|LATEST VERSION : 4.20|| |
LAST UPDATE : 25/01/2011
Based on the well-known original memtest86 written by Chris Brady, memtest86+ is a port by some members of the x86-secret team, now working at www.canardpc.com. Our goal is to provide an up-to-date and completly reliable version of this software tool aimed at memory failures detection.
Memtest86+ is, like the original, released under the terms of the Gnu Public License (GPL). No restrictions for use, private or commercial exist other than the ones mentioned in the Gnu Public License (GPL). Texts about the original version was taken from the original website and written by Chris Brady.
PS : A newsletter for memtest86+ updates is available / Donation for Memtest86+ welcome. Please support free GPL software.
- About Memtest86+
- About the original Memtest86 (Unchanged)
- About tests performed
- About the authors & contributors
-= History =-
I've used a few Memtest Tools on Linux Live CD's. But never stopped to notice what they were even called. This one is recomended as a good one in this article, How Linux handles hardware problems and I liked the Article... so I thought I'd post this Memtest App, by name, so that I could remember it;)
- How Linux handles hardware problems
- How Linux handles hardware problems | ZDNet UK
- Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
- HOWTO: Log a kernel panic.. It can be done! | TOCPCs – The Elite Geeks Blog