wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Facebook has recently released an app to make messaging from your Smart Phone much more convenient. Read on to learn how to download the app.
- Use a web browser on your computer to go to the mobile messenger page on Facebook. Click the green "Get the App" button.
- Enter your phone number where prompted. Then click "Text Me the Link" after selecting your country code. Although Facebook does not charge for this, standard texts rates will apply. If you would like to avoid getting a text message, simply go to the iPhone App store or the Android Market and search for the Facebook Messenger App.
- Click the link that is texted to you. It will take you to the download page in the App Store/Android Market.
- Click the "Install" button. If you are connected to wifi or 3G, download will begin immediately.
- Log in to messenger. Use your regular Facebook email and password to log in to the app.
- Use the app. You can start a new conversation by clicking the compose button in the upper right corner. To add people, simply type their names in the "To" field and select from the drop down list.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Get Facebook Messenger on Your Phone. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.Go there...