What does GNU stand for?
GUJARAT NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
GNU definition from gnu.org:
The GNU Project was launched in 1984 to develop a complete Unix-like operating system which is free software: the GNU operating system.
after some research i came to know GNU acronym is "GNU's not Unix" here GNU stands for "Genuinely Not Unix" Operating System.
Note: There are comments associated with this question. See the discussion page to add to the conversation.
Definitions of gnu on the Web:
- large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail
- GNU (, or in some countries ) is a computer operating system composed entirely of free software. Its name is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not Unix!” This name was chosen because GNU's design is Unix-like, but differs from Unix by being free software and containing no Unix code. ...
- "The Gnu" (sometimes known as "I'm a Gnu" or "The Gnu Song") is a humorous song about a talking gnu by Flanders and Swann.
- DotGNU is a part of the GNU Project that aims to provide a free software replacement for Microsoft's .NET Framework by Free Software Foundation. Other goals of the project are better support for non-Windows platforms and support for more processors.
- A large antelope native to Africa having curved horns
- Name of the Free Software Foundation's project to develop a free UNIX-like operating system, including the legal framework, such as the source code and documentation licenses
- GNU stands for "GNU's not Unix," and refers generally to software distributed under the GNU Public License (GPL).
- Lesser General Public License
- The GNU Project was launched in 1984 to develop a complete UNIX style operating system which is free software: the GNU system. ...
- The current government of Sudan. The GNU is an alliance between the National Congress Party and the (former rebel) Sudan People's Liberation Movement, and is a power sharing measure, which was agreed upon during the 2005 peace talks that produced the CPA.
- GNU's not UNIX. A set of Open-Source freely provided utilities for UNIX.
- (GNU's not Unix): Pronounced "guh-noo," a free software project under which Linux and its apps are developed.
- A range of applications developed and distributed by the Free Software Foundation. GNU is widely used by UNIX programmers and the acronym GNU means "GNUs Not UNIX".
- The original free software operating system, founded by Richard Stallman, dedicated to a computer software environment that guarantees the freedoms to modify, study, redistribute, and use the software.
- GNU's Not Unix, an organization devoted to the creation and support of Open Source software. GIMP is an official GNU application.
- What does GNU stand for
- what does GNU stand for - Google Search
- define:gnu - Google Search
- Answers.com - What does GNU stand for
- Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
- Quiz: Are you a Linux guru? Find out. | ZDNet
- Search Result: what does gnu stand for?
- Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU GPL v2.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)