Victims of the killer megaquake: Over 1,000 feared dead after tsunami sweeps Japan By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:56 AM on 12th March 2011
- Towns burn furiously as devastation continues into the night
- Quake now said to have measured 9.0 on Richter scale
- Magnitude 6.6 aftershock causes buildings in Tokyo to sway
- Death toll expected to exceed 1,000 with many more injured
- Ship carrying 100 passengers swept away by tsunami
- Four million people without power in Tokyo alone
The massive earthquake - 8,000 times stronger than the one that hit New Zealand last month - sent a catastrophic 33 foot tsunami hurtling across the Pacific Ocean.
Last night the strength of the quake increased to a staggering 9.0 on the Richter scale.
Thousands of people were also forced to flee for their lives as the 100mph wall of water bore down on them, sweeping away everything in its path.
Read More and see Pics...
See All Videos on YouTube in Full Screen Mode...
Very Sad to see all of this Destruction. Let's Prey for all the People Effected by this and maybe even learn ways to survive if this kind of thing should happen to us...