Tidal surge from tsunami into Morro Bay among highest along CA coast
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 9:24 PM by Steve Adamson - Source: KSBY News
Updated: Mar 11, 2011 9:24 PM
The tsunami tidal surge into Morro Bay may be one of the highest surges noted along the California Coast. A local oceanographer for the Center of Coastal Marine Science had Morro Bay showing a 6ft. surge, while fisherman and Coast Guard collaboration in the area estimated an 8-9ft. surge. While damage was minimal compared to some other California coastal locations such as Crescent City and Santa Cruz, there was no shortage of eyes cast out over the waters of Morro Bay looking for the surge as it arrived during mid morning.
Read More and See Video...
- Tsunami warning issued for Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties - 9159 views
- CA man swept out to sea while taking tsunami pics - 8187 views
- Some San Luis Obispo Coastal areas told to evacuate - 5521 views
- Santa Barbara Office of Emergency services advising people to stay out of ocean; county parks - 3576 views
- Local expert believes threat of dangerous waves is diminishing - 3387 views
- Tsunami warning north of Santa Barbara County; highest waves expected at Port San Luis - 3192 views
- Paso Robles Police Dept.: Man killed in Paso Robles was stabbed - 2768 views
- Hundreds evacuated from Morro Bay harbor area - 2726 views
- Recipient of lost WWII letter found alive - 2707 views
- First tsunami waves hit Calif. at Crescent City - 2665 views