Search My Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Higher Quality Wire Stripper

I need a higher quality stripper.

It's         crap. This type of wire stripper is hard on the insulation, the wires, and does a horrible job. It's not easy to use at all, and forget getting uniform lengths from it. Just throw these in your tackle box.

A good         stripper This style of wire stripper lets you set the length of the wire to be exposed. This is a good design, and will give you uniform lengths, but it is hard to use and is hell on the wires.

Adjustable You can adjust for the length to be stripped and the gauge of the wire very easily.

I EAT         WIRES FOR BREAKFAST These really do a quick, relatively god job. However, it's hard to get a uniform length out of them. So I modified a pair.

Modified         Strippers I drilled and tapped the plate that holds the guillotine (blades).

They work         great!You can adjust the length by adding or subtracting brass washers from the inner side of the wire stop.

Quick         Fix There is lots of room for a better design. For instance, it does take a little time to change the bare wire length.

Great for       production work. But, if you need to do a million of the same lead like I do for www.techmor.com and www.macsboost.com they work better than anything I have ever used before.

Read More...
http://www.brainlubeonline.com/stripperpics/

Higher quality wire stripper
Hacking strippers to do your bidding - Hack a Day
Automated wire cutter and stripper - Hack a Day
Pictures of Strippers

This may be a handy Tool Mod if you do allot of wires by hand. But, I have a set of Wire Strippers with a length stop guide on them. It is easy to set with just a philips screw driver. You do have to take care not to miss the stop - guide when you insert the wire. I can't remember the brand and they are all they way out in the Garage right now;) I think I paid about $25 for them. They are pretty handy if you need to to several wires of the same size and strip length. They don't damage the insulation where they grab the wire for stripping either. I have a set like in the Top Pic too and they are not very good for times when you need allot of wires stripped to the same length. But work fine for a few wires and are quick and easy to use. So, I'm fine with mine...

Higher quality wire stripper
Hacking strippers to do your bidding - Hack a Day
Automated wire cutter and stripper - Hack a Day
Pictures of Strippers
Don

No comments: