CamBam is an application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
CamBam currently supports the following:
- Reading from and writing to 2D DXF files.
- 2.5D profiling machine operations with auto-tab support
- 2.5D pocketing operations with auto island detection
- Drilling (Normal,Peck,Spiral Milling and Custom Scripts)
- True Type Font (TTF) text manipulation and outline (glyph) extraction.
- Conversion of bitmaps to heightmaps
- 3D geometry import from STL, 3DS and RAW files
- 3D surfacing operations
- Extendable through user written plugins and scripts
This video gives an introduction to using CamBam and describes the user interface and covers drawing simple shapes, inserting machining operations and generating g-code.
This video demonstrates a method of creating arc shaped slots.
This video demonstrates a method of creating slots from arbitrary shaped open polylines.
This video demonstrates drawing a rotor with slots, using polar array copies and the break at intersection function.