What is Motion?Motion is a program that monitors the video signal from one or more cameras and is able to detect if a significant part of the picture has changed; in other words, it can detect motion. The program is written in C and is made for the Linux operating system, (using the video4linux interface). Motion is a command line based tool whose output can be either jpeg, ppm fies or mpeg video sequences. Motion is strictly command line driven and can run as a daemon with a rather small footprint and do. Motion is the perfect tool for keeping an eye on your property, keeping only those images that are interesting.
- See the list of features to learn more about what Motion can do.
- View examples of images created by Motion.
- See live examples of Motion in real life.
- View examples of Motion config-files in action.
I'm installing Motion and will try it out later...
- Linux WebCam Apps
- fswebcam - Google Search
- FireStorm.cx - fswebcam
- Fswebcam - Fswiki
- WebHome < Motion < Foswiki
- xawtv | kraxel's news