Search My Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Power tool battery charger repair - elektrickery! Blog - Drill Battery Charger

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Drill Battery Charger

A few months before I moved to sunny Scotland my dad passed on his nice bosch drill set, which kicked around for a while and now that I want to use it, I discover the charger's dead!


AL 60 DV 1411 charger From drill charger

To the workshop, Batman!

**********************************************************************************
Disclaimer: this one's got mains in it, don't try it unless you know what you're doing. and even then it's not my fault if things go tits-up

**********************************************************************************


After a spot of continuity testing I found the primary winding to be open circuit. Very odd...
I mentioned this to a former partner in crime who suggested it was probably a thermal fuse, so i pulled some of the tape off the primary and found it.
I then bypassed it with a bit of wire, creating what is known in the trade as "a bloody deathtrap" and gave it a quick test.


Old fuse and bypass wire From drill charger


Everything worked fine so i ordered a replacement fuse and a small fan to keep things cool in future.
*Fast-forward 2-3 working days*

Read More...
http://elektrickery.blogspot.com/2011/07/drill-battery-charger.html

Good info... I'm keeping this in mind...

Don

Power tool battery charger repair
Power tool battery charger repair - Hack a Day
elektrickery!: Drill Battery Charger
elektrickery!: toasty modem!

No comments: