Search My Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fedora 14 file permissions problems with a file that was copied over network form a Windows XP System.

Fedora 14 file permissions problems with a file that was copied over network form a Windows XP System. I wanted to delete a whole folder in Krusader. But this one file, wouldn't allow me to delete the folder or the file by it's self either. I tried to delete it in "root" mode and still No go. I remembered that I had copied the file from my old Windows XP System to my Fedora System. So, I tried connecting to my Fedora 14 System via FTP, from the WinXP System and Deleting the file that way. This worked, without any changes to anything. The file permissions still belonged to WinXP for some reason. I was able to delete the file that was holding things up. Then I went back to my Fedora 14 System and was able to Delete the Entire Folder, like normal. Reminder to Self...

Don

No comments: