Search My Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

ToddFun.com: Repairing a 5 disk CD player - YouTube

ToddFun.com: Repairing a 5 disk CD player



Video Link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aKE1CbHOBVo

Uploaded by on Nov 23, 2011
Short episode showing what turned out to be a simple fix to get a 5 disk Sony CD player running like new. One more product saved from the landfill!

Didn't anyone ever tell you to make sure your optics were clean? Buddy boy!

Category:

Tags:

License:

Standard YouTube License

Hey Tod, nice tear down. Sorry you didn't get to Diagnose or Solder anything, though;) Next time maybe you can clean first and tear down later... but only if necessary:) At least, when you have the Camera Running that is;) Just kidding:) Really, I enjoyed seeing inside of one of those Carousel units. I've never taken one apart. Now I know how to do it, if the occasion should arise... 

I have an 80's or early 90's JVC 6 Disk Changer, that I still use every Day. I had to repair the RCA Jacks when they got loose, a couple of years ago. But other than that. It works just like new. Say, if you still don't wan that thing... I bet I can make good use of it;)
Don

Todd Harrison - Database Admin by day,Hobby Physicist and Electronics Engineer by nigh
An EEWeb Interview with Todd Harrison - Hack a Day
Interview with Todd Harrison | EEWeb
Replacing solder tab batteries - Hack a Day
ToddFun.com
ToddFun.com: Repairing a 5 disk CD player - YouTube
ToddFun.com: G35 LED Christmas Light Review and Teardown - YouTube
toddrharrison's Channel - YouTube

No comments: