Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ben Krasnow: LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays

Monday, December 19, 2011

LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays



Every so often, internet news aggregator sites run a story about a research group that put an LED into a contact lens, then inserted it into a rabbit's eye. I figured that I would try the same thing, but put the lens into my own eye. I accomplished this by laminating a coil of wire and an 0402 surface-mount LED between two ordinary soft contact lenses. I was hoping the lenses would stick to each other, but they did not, so I ended up fixing the edges together by pinching the plastic together with hot tweezers. This held well enough to capture a minute of video with the LED illuminated in my eye. For video purposes, I mounted the LED facing outward. An actual VR/AR display would have the LED facing inward.

Read More...
http://benkrasnow.blogspot.com/2011/12/led-mounted-in-contact-lens-for.html

LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays- Video



Video Link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qHECpEhJdB8


Well, you wont catch me putting that thing in my Eye!:O But, he really knows his Electronics!:) I wonder how bright that LED Flashing was to him? He didn't mention that. But, I don't thing I could handle the Flashing... My eyes are very sensitive to bright lights. Heck the little Blue LED's in many Electronic Products, these days. Blind me!:O Great Work though...

Don


LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays
[Ben Krasnow] sticks LEDs in his contacts just for kicks - Hack a Day
Controlling muscles with high intensity magnetic pulses - Hack a Day
Ben Krasnow: LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays
LED mounted in a contact lens for possible virtual / augmented reality displays - YouTube
warable display - Google Custom Search Posts on my Blog
Head-mounted computer with Linux, WiFi - Hack a Day
Elegant wearable computer - Hack a Day

No comments: