Search My Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

ATX Bench Power Supply with Walnut Wood Case

I really like the combination of Wood and Electronics in this Project. And it mentions something that I have been wishing for, ever since I setup my 24 volt Power Supply. With two unaltered ATX Power Supplies. I wanted something to test Lap Tops that don't have Power Supplies or are Bad. I just used some Automotive Style Crimp Connectors and a couple of Resistors to get mine up and running. But, everything is just plugged together under my Desk and could easily come apart. 



The ATX breakout board, (above) used here, routes the -12, 3.3, 5 and 12 volt ATX outputs to screw terminals, each protected by a 1.25 amp resettable polyfuse. This makes things allot faster and easier to build. Right now there Priced at $13.80 here, http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/atx-breakout-board-bench-power-supply-p-1222.html?cPath=155. Not a bad price to pay to me. But I would need two, for my 2-ATX Setup.

Don

Software & Sawdust: My New Power Supply

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


My New Power Supply 

by Ian Lee, Sr.

ianlee74




This is a project that’s been in the back of my mind for a long time but I just never seemed to find the time to build it.  When I saw the new ATX Breakout Board by Dangerous Prototypes, I was inspired to get the project started. This build is for my home office which I plan to eventually be completely decorated in fine hardwood (built by yours truly).  So, I wanted this piece to be a blending of fine furniture and high tech.  With that goal in mind, I got to work.
The dimensions of the box were based on the dimensions of my Rigol DS1052E oscilloscope which will sit on top of it for now.  It’s a little deeper due to the requirements of the ATX power supply that sits inside.  If my lumber had been a little wider, I would have liked for the box to been maybe an inch deep than it is.  I didn’t end up with as much clearance as I would have liked inside the box.
The casing is made from a single piece of scrap walnut and the grain is maintained around the perimeter of the box.  The top and sides are joined with a miter joint and the bottom fits on with a large box joint and is screwed on.

Read More and see Pics...
http://blog.ianlee.info/2012/07/my-new-power-supply.html

ATX Bench Power Supply with Wood Case
Giving an ATX bench supply the case it deserves - Hack a Day
Software & Sawdust: My New Power Supply
Building a bench supply without altering the ATX psu - Hack a Day
ATX Breakout Board - DP
ATX breakout board bench power supply [POW06271M] - $13.80 : Seeed Studio Bazaar, Boost ideas, extend the reach

Computer Power Supplies Converting ATX and AT to Benchtop Power Supplies
1K Ohm 5W Resistor Wire Wound 5% Tolerance (I have one)
resistor 5w - Google Search
750 Ohm 5W Resistor Wire Wound 5% Tolerance (I have one)
Basics of Power Supplies - Use of HP E3631A
wire two power supplies in series - Google Search
wire two power supplies in series for 24v - Google Search
Attachment browser: wiring-diagram.jpg by stickybeatz - RC Groups
Make a 24v Power Supply with 2 12v Server Power Supplies - RC Groups
Can I put two 12v bench power supplies in series = 24v? - RC Groups
How to Run 2, 4, or even 10 (AT) Power Supplies In Parallel or Series at 5, 12, 18, or 24 Volts! Pg 1 - ProCooling.com
How to Run 2, 4, or even 10 (AT) Power Supplies In Parallel or Series at 5, 12, 18, or 24 Volts! wire two power supplies in series pg2 - ProCooling.com
YouTube - 24v charge box
Thermoelectric cooling, coolers, modules, heat sinks, exchangers, Peltier coolers, devices - TE Technology
24 Volt peltier - Highest wattage? - Overclockers Forums
24 volt 172 watt peltier - Google Search
Thermoelectric cooling, coolers, modules, heat sinks, exchangers, Peltier coolers, devices - TE Technology
TDE  |  Antennas / Power Converters / Power Supplies
Power Sypplies - Building
EEVblog #110 – Let’s Design a DC to DC Switchmode Converter @ EEVblog – The Electronics Engineering Video Blog
Make switched-mode power supplies do your bidding - Hack a Day
Ramblings of an E-Geek: Building Blocks: Switch Mode Power Supply
AC to DC Switchmode Converter site:http://www.eevblog.com -EEVblog – The Electronics Engineering Video Blog
Universial Ac Dc converter circuit for small projects
can an energy saving bulb be run off DC ?
design a ac to dc switchmode converter - Google Search
Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Switched-mode power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Power Supplies
LM317-D.PDF (application/pdf Object)
Using The LM317T To Regulate Voltage - Electric Circuit
Fairchild Semiconductor | Power Management & Mobile IP Solutions
Fairchild Semiconductor | Power Management & Mobile IP Solutions
Google Custom Search
DonsDeals: Bench power supply adapter - Hack a Day
DonsDeals: YouTube - How to Design a Simple Isolated Power Supply - Linear Technology
DonsDeals: Building a power supply around a DC-DC converter - Hack a Day
DonsDeals: Product Review - How cheap is a cheap power supply
DonsDeals: I discovered the "Bad Caps" Bad Capacitors Problem while researching what was wrong with my Panasonic DMR-EZ47 DVD Recorder which wont read DVD's any more.
Power Connector LapTop
PCH Search & Win: power connector laptop
Morris Products
Laptop Jacks - Laptop power jacks by Brands
Laptop AC Adapters, Power Cords & Chargers
DCPowerJacks.net, Laptop Parts, Laptop DC Power Jacks
Laptop Repair Help » Toshiba Satellite model M35X – fixing power connector
Soldering Power Connector on Dell Laptop

ATX PSU and a Digital made from a LapTop PSU - turned into an adjustable voltage bench supplys
tuxgraphics.org: A Digital DC Power Supply (programmable bench power supply unit), hardware version 3.0
ATX psu turned into an adjustable voltage bench supply - Hack a Day
DIY Bench Supply « TG's Electronic exploration
AVR microcontroller kits
power supply - Hack a Day

No comments: