Marissa Mayer Interview
Yahoo! just announced Mayer as President, CEO, and board member of the company. Yahoo! had been shopping around for a new CEO for a while, and the last two names to be attached to the position were interim CEO Ross Levinsohn and Hulu head Jason Kilar. Kilar dropped out of the running by declining to be considered – so many assumed that Levinsohn would just continue on as permanent head of the company.
Yahoo has named Marissa Mayer, one of Google's top execs, as its next CEO, ending a hunt that began after Scott Thompson was forced out in May for padding his resume. Ross Levinsohn, who has been the interim CEO, had been considered the top candidate for the job.
"I am honored and delighted to lead Yahoo, one of the interent's premier destinations for more than 700 million users," Mayer said in a statement. "I look forward to working with the company's dedicated employees to bring innovative products, content, and personalized experiences to users and advertisers all around the world."
Read More and see Video...
Don't Miss these Articles on http://news.cnet.com
- Google's Marissa Mayer becomes Yahoo CEO
Internet & Media
- How Google is becoming an extension of your mind
Internet & Media
More from WebProNews
- News 07-16-12
- Linux Today - Firebug 1.10 released with new cookie manager
- Firebug 1.10 released with new cookie manager - The H Open: News and Features
- Scratch-built railroad crossing signal - Hack a Day
- Re-engineering some FM transmitter firmware - Hack a Day
- Summer travel is a breeze with this scooter trunk - Hack a Day
- Satellite problem may delay confirmation of Mars landing | Cutting Edge - CNET News
- More Steve Jobs iPad mini attacks from beyond the grave • The Register
- Rich text editor, CommentHeaderMessage, press ALT 0 for help.
- HowStuffWorks "5 New Gas Engine Technologies"
- The Rolling Stones Get Cheeky With Their 404 Error Page | WebProNews
- Time Warner Cable Sinks To New Low Over Fear Of Google Fiber | WebProNews
- Facebook Is Putting Words In Users’ Mouths By Promoting Content From Pages They Like | WebProNews
- Would You Do Your Banking On Facebook? | WebProNews
- Google’s Marissa Mayer Tapped As Yahoo’s New CEO | WebProNews
- Don’t Like Anonymous? Their New Campaign Against Internet Pedophiles Might Change Your Mind | WebProNews
- Nom Nom Nom: App Store’s Food & Drink Category Goes Live | WebProNews
- How to Fix an Ignition Key That Doesn't Turn: 6 steps
- Coming soon: Cat-video film festival | Crave - CNET
- Google's Marissa Mayer becomes Yahoo CEO | Internet & Media - CNET News