Search My Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Krusader wont open in root Mode, gives Error - Getting odd error message from Krusader (SOLVED)

Krusader wont open in root Mode, gives Error

I have been getting an odd error message from Krusader for a couple of months now. Here's what mine looks like, with my Systems Directories showing in the message, (Cannot execute command ' '/usr/bin/krusader --left=file:///home/don/.gvfs --right=file:///media/824GB-Backup/Bk-DonsDeals-Blog''.) I kept waiting for Krusader to send out a fix for a couple of months. But I really depend on the "Open Krusader in root Mode" feature, in my daily work. And I finally got tired of having to "su" in the Terminal then running 'thunar" and working in Thunar instead of Krusader. So, I looked it up today. It took about 20 minutes of reading. But I found a quick work around on this Forum. Here's how to do it. It works like a Charm for me!:) I'm sure Krusader will send a fix out to the Fedora 14 Repo's some time or another too... 

Don

Getting odd error message from Krusader (SOLVED)

John Bee
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 159


« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »


John,  after a re-boot my icon no longer launches root mode although I can still launch from the user actions menu.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I've tried editing it with different commands and icons but I get the same error message as before. If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me.  Otherwise I won't sweat it and be happy with the success that I got using your method.  Thanks.

Bob

I had to stop and think about how I got my action to that toolbar button. I had forgotten how! Shocked

But all actions show up in the 'configure toolbar' dialog on the left side. Just take out on the right side the existing button for root and sub yours. But I think you already have done this, so, I give you my action here:

(The instructions below, are what I had to do to get it working. That and then delete my non working Icon and replace it with the new working Icon in my Krusader Toolbar... Don)

Title: Root mode &w/set folders

Tooltip: Runs Krusader with current dirs as root

Description: Mar. 12, 2011 - I made this useraction because Krusaders own is broken. It surrounds the command in two single quotes, which confuses the system.

Command: krusader --left %lPath% --right %rPath%

Exectution mode: Normal
Command accepts local files only

Under advanced properties, make sure 'run as different user' is set to root.

Then assign this action to the toolbar button.

Read More...
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=88930.0

Can't start krusader in root mode from the Tools menu
Cannot execute command ' '/usr/bin/krusader --left=file:///home/don/.gvfs --right=file:///media/824GB-Backup/Bk-DonsDeals-Blog''. - Google Search
Krusader :: View topic - Start Root Mode Krusader issue
Getting odd error message from Krusader (SOLVED)
[Bug 271264] New: Can't start krusader in root mode from the Tools men
Root Actions Servicemenu KDE-Apps.org
Fedora 14 Cannot execute command ' '/usr/bin/krusader --left=file:///home/don/.gvfs --right=file:///media/824GB-Backup/Bk-DonsDeals-Blog''. - Google Search

No comments: