Search My Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Tire Sizing changed, when I wasn't looking!:O

Tire Sizing changed, when I wasn't looking!:O For the last 20 years, the tires that I bought for my Chevy Blazer 4x4 were 35x12.5x15. That means that my Tires are 35 inches Tall, by 12.5 inches wide and fit 15 inch Wheels. Pretty Simple and Straight to the Point. I have been looking for Tires lately and found all kinds of Strange Looking Tire Sizes available. That make no Sense to me. I found out that allot of the Tire Companies Size their Tires with a mix of inches and metric numbers. So, as Ridiculous as it is!:O Now, we have to learn how this works, to buy Tires! I found a couple of pretty good tutorials on how to Interpret the new tire sizes and have posted the links below. I don't know anything about the Companies though. I just found the site...

Don

 

What's On Your Tire's Sidewall?

With a little explanation it's easy to understand what all of the letters and numbers mean on your tire's sidewall. The numbers are indicators of the size, type, and performance of the tire.
Read More (I tried to link to the Tire Size page, but it didn't work. So, this is a link to their home page. When you get there, click on the Tires 101 Tab and then click on the Tire Size Link)...
http://www.justtires.com/home.jsp

Tire Sizing changed
Comparision of Stock Tire Size to 33 and 35 - YotaTech Forums
Help picking tire size - pros, cons
Answers.com - What is your wheel size if your tires are 33 12.50R15
Answers.com - What does the tire size 235 75 R15 mean

No comments: