Search My Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

B.L.O. ShiftBrite Clock

B.L.O. ShiftBrite Clock

The idea is a clock that can be read quicker than a digital clock. A color will instinctually give the observer the time. I may make a 24 hour clock in the future, but for now this one works in a 12 hour rotation. Please click on the links at the top of the page for more information.

This method of course sacrifices resolution and accuracy for speed, but I will be happy to get within 15 minutes of the true time, more than enough to run most of my days. Within a week of using this clock with a digital clock beside it to learn with, I could accurately obtain the hour, and as of this writing, I can get to within +- 30 minutes of the true time, just by looking at the color.... Most of the time.... If I cannot reliably get more accurate time than this, I just made a really complicated Mood Box. I’ll let you know in a month.

The math is pretty straight forward and I explain it in comments in the code section, no it is not a masterpiece, but it gets the job done. 12 is all colors Red, Green, and Blue fully on to create White. As minutes pass the color will end up fully Green at 3. At 6 the color will be fully Blue. and at 9 the color will be fully red. From 9 to 12 of course the color will approach White again.

Read More...
http://brainlubeonline.com/BLO_ShiftBrite_Clock/How_it_works.html

Pretty Cool:) At first I thought that it was built using an old TV. But on the Put it all together Page. He says that he built his in a "Regular old Radio Shack project enclosure before I measured and cut the holes for the Altarian setting switches." I'm sometimes a little more lazy though... I was thinking, that if I wanted something like that... I could just set my Desktop Backgrounds to change to different Pics at certain Times. Yep, there are Apps for that;) I use to use them back in my Windows Days and I have seen a couple for Linux too, that I know work in Fedora and Debian. Look em up in our Package Manager... What! You didn't think I was going to do that for you, did Ya? I did give you the Idea... for free!;) Endless Possibilities of Pics to use!:)

Don

BlueProximity Computer Security App
» Linuxaria BlueProximity – Unlock your Computer with your phone
YouTube - BlueProximity and X10
BlueProximity - GNOME Bluetooth device distance detection and automatic locking tool :-)
BlueProximity | Download BlueProximity software for free at SourceForge.net

No comments: