By default, Firefox (or Swiftfox) crashes when trying to view a full-screen video on say... YouTube. At least for me it used to crash until I found a fix and from what I've understand it's got something to do with the graphic card drivers and it's affecting both nVidia and ATI. If that is the case for you also, you may want to read on.
To fix the full-screen flash videos bug, you need to preload a library called libGL.so.1 when you start Firefox or Swiftfox. Here is how to do it:
I looked around in my Repos in Fedora 14 and didn't find libGL.so.1 installed, nor available to install. So, I Nixed this Method...
full screen adobe flash crash
Full screen mode has been always working fine. I have all the latest browser and plugin versions. Have not made any recent changes either. Today I cannot view any Hulu 0r Youtube videos in full screen. I get a grey screen with 'send report' for the crash.
- Get email updates
- Subscribe to feed
- Firefox 3.6.10
- Firefox 3.6.10
- Gecko Media Player 0.9.9.2Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8.1 (6b18-1.8.1-0ubuntu1)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
Additional System Details
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100915 Linux Mint/9 (Isadora) Firefox/3.6.10
1 replyPost a Reply
Fixed @ Hulu.com:
1. randomly select a video
2. select 'pop-out' on the right side selections
3. on the popped out screen right click and uncheck 'hardware acceleration'
now all videos from all sources will play in 'full screen mode' Don't know if this was globally added recently by Adobe Flash since I never had this issue come up before. Hope this works for all that are experiencing this same issue :)
Post a Reply
- Flash crash in full screen
- flash crash in full screen - Google Search
- flash 10 bugs: fullscreen crashes due to hardware acceleration « Justin J. Moses : Blog
- How To Fix Full-Screen Flash Videos in Linux & Firefox (or Swiftfox) ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog
- full screen adobe flash crash | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
- Flash Fullscreen Crash - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net