Search My Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

full screen adobe flash crash | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help

I'm running Fedora 14 and just started having this problem with Flash Videos on YouTube and all other Video Sites Crashing when I changed the Video to Full Screen Mode. This just started after I updated the Flash Player Plug-in to "Adobe Flash Plugin 10.2.152.27 Fully Supported: Mozilla SeaMonkey 1.0+, Firefox 1.5+, Mozilla 1.7.13+" What I ended up doing was just opening up a YouTube Video and Right Clicking in the Video Window. Then I selected "settings". The Adobe Flash Player Settings window opens and mine was already at the Hard Ware Acceleration Check Box. I De-Selected it and now Flash Videos No longer Crash. You may have to look around and select different areas in the little window to find it in your OS. This should work for any Operating System that has Adobe Flash Player Installed and working. I believe it stays on the last thing you were looking at, the last time you were in there. I figured out what was going on from the info below... I tried what sounded like a real fix first. But it didn't make any change for me. But, Ya never know till Ya Try, what will work best... Here's the Top Two Methods (in my opinion) that I found...  

Don

How To Fix Full-Screen Flash Videos in Linux & Firefox (or Swiftfox)


By default, Firefox (or Swiftfox) crashes when trying to view a full-screen video on say... YouTube. At least for me it used to crash until I found a fix and from what I've understand it's got something to do with the graphic card drivers and it's affecting both nVidia and ATI. If that is the case for you also, you may want to read on.

To fix the full-screen flash videos bug, you need to preload a library called libGL.so.1 when you start Firefox or Swiftfox. Here is how to do it:

Read More...
http://www.webupd8.org/2009/07/how-to-fix-full-screen-flash-videos-in.html


I looked around in my Repos in Fedora 14 and didn't find libGL.so.1 installed, nor available to install. So, I Nixed this Method...

Don
5 months ago

full screen adobe flash crash

Full screen mode has been always working fine. I have all the latest browser and plugin versions. Have not made any recent changes either. Today I cannot view any Hulu 0r Youtube videos in full screen. I get a grey screen with 'send report' for the crash.

63 people have this problem 5 new this week
  • Subscribe to feed
  • System Details

    • Linux
    • Firefox 3.6.10

    More system details...

    Additional System Details

    • Linux
    • Firefox 3.6.10

    More Information

    http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/4652380f-6a44-4b3c-a72d-d94212101002

    Installed Plug-ins

    • Gecko Media Player 0.9.9.2Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    • This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
    • The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8.1 (6b18-1.8.1-0ubuntu1)) executes Java applets.
    • Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85

    User Agent

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100915 Linux Mint/9 (Isadora) Firefox/3.6.10

    Tags

    1 reply

    Post a Reply

    1. 4 months ago

      Fixed @ Hulu.com:

      1. randomly select a video

      2. select 'pop-out' on the right side selections

      3. on the popped out screen right click and uncheck 'hardware acceleration'

      now all videos from all sources will play in 'full screen mode' Don't know if this was globally added recently by Adobe Flash since I never had this issue come up before. Hope this works for all that are experiencing this same issue :)

    Post a Reply

Go there...
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/756491

Flash crash in full screen
flash crash in full screen - Google Search
flash 10 bugs: fullscreen crashes due to hardware acceleration « Justin J. Moses : Blog
How To Fix Full-Screen Flash Videos in Linux & Firefox (or Swiftfox) ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog
full screen adobe flash crash | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
Flash Fullscreen Crash - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

No comments: