filed under: Engine Hacks
Are you tired of doing things the efficient way when using your lawn equipment? Look no farther. Here are some engine hacks where regular internal combustion engines have been modified to work on steam or compressed air. Surprisingly, all it takes to do this is to remove the carburetor and replace it with a steam line and to modify the valve timing.
First up is a lawn mower that runs on steam posted by [dquad]. This one is pretty great because it just looks so wrong. In [dquad's] own words: “I am surprised by the fact that nothing at all failed during this test – other than a wheel catching fire!”Read More and See Videos...
Steam Engine Lawnmower - Push Along - Testing - LPG tank boiler
That Steam Powered Lawn Mower is really High Tech!:) Looks like allot of fun:) How do you like my new Lawn Mower?;)
- Convert your yard tools to run on steam!
- Engine Hacks: Convert your yard tools to run on steam! - Hack a Day
- Renewable Energy for the Poor Man: air powered bike update
- Air powered engine how it works and how to built NO PETROL - YouTube
- STEAM ENGINE TWO STROKE CONVERSION Weed Eater Steam Power - YouTube
- Steam Engine Lawnmower - Push Along - Testing - LPG tank boiler - YouTube