Transport Layer Security
| ||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (Consider using more specific cleanup instructions.) Please help improve this article if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions. (October 2010)|
Transport Layer Security (TLS) and its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are cryptographic protocols that provide communication security over the Internet. TLS and SSL encrypt the segments of network connections above the Transport Layer, using asymmetric cryptography for privacy and a keyed message authentication code for message reliability.
|Internet Protocol Suite|
|BGP · DHCP · DNS · FTP · HTTP · IMAP · IRC · LDAP · MGCP · NNTP · NTP · POP · RIP · RPC · RTP · SIP · SMTP · SNMP · SOCKS · SSH · Telnet · TLS/SSL · XMPP · (more)|
|TCP · UDP · DCCP · SCTP · RSVP · ECN · (more)|
|IP (IPv4, IPv6) · ICMP · ICMPv6 · IGMP · IPsec · (more)|
|ARP/InARP · NDP · OSPF · Tunnels (L2TP) · PPP · Media Access Control (Ethernet, DSL, ISDN, FDDI) · (more)|
- 1 Description
- 2 History and development
- 3 Applications
- 4 Security
- 5 Support for name-based virtual servers
- 6 Implementations
- 7 See also
- 8 References and footnotes
- 9 Further reading
- 10 External links
- Links on Webmail - Hotmail, GMail etc
- DonsDeals: Hotmail users lose entire email inboxes, Microsoft restores them 5 days later
- DonsDeals: It looks like someone is trying to Hijack my Hotmail Account. Watch out for this!:O
- Google Custom Search
- DonsDeals: Free Mail Collector - All Email Accounts in One Place
- Free Webmail and Email by GMX | Sign Up Now!
- DonsDeals: WebMail
- pop3.live.com, is sending a cirtificate, which attempts to identify itself with the wrong information (the wrong site) - Google Search
- thunderbird pop3.live.com, is sending a cirtificate, which attempts to identify itself with the wrong information (the wrong site) - Google Search
- Thunderbird certificates?
- Bug 639374 – A warning window appears spontaneously; "Add Security Exception"
- JavaMail API - FAQ
- Send/Receive errors | HowTo-Outlook
- Transport Layer Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia