Search My Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Hacking attempt on my Hotmail Accound Again!

Well, here's that mysterious Hacking attempt on my Hotmail Accound Again! Pop3.live.com, is sending a Cirtificate, which attempts to identify itself with the wrong information (the wrong site). It's been Poping up in Thunderbird a couple times a Day for the last 3 or 4 days. I've had this happen before and I did some research. I found some different ideas on what is really happening. Whither it is a malfunction on the Hotmail Servers or an Actual Hacking Attempt.... To be on the Safe Side... I allways hit Cancel! I Posted a short wanring on my Blog last time, here... Friday, January 14, 2011 - It looks like someone is trying to Hijack my Hotmail Account. Watch out for this!:O. But, I just posted some screen shots, like these and a Warning... There was also an Outage on the Hotmail Servers about that time. Hotmail users lose entire email inboxes, Microsoft restores them 5 days later. So, I'm thinking that the outage and Restoration, may have caused a new Cirtificate to be sent, then and it could be happining again. But, I don't know why it would be Tagged as Dangerous by Thunderbird. I don't see anyting that sounds Spacific to what I see in my Thunderbird Pop-ups. So, I'm just going to keep hitting Cancel, and see if it gets fixed by the Hotmail Server or a Thunderbird Update... Here's some info, that I found on Security Protocals, often used in E-Mail Clients...

Transport Layer Security

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Transport Layer Security (TLS) and its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are cryptographic protocols that provide communication security over the Internet.[1] TLS and SSL encrypt the segments of network connections above the Transport Layer, using asymmetric cryptography for privacy and a keyed message authentication code for message reliability.

Several versions of the protocols are in widespread use in applications such as web browsing, electronic mail, Internet faxing, instant messaging and voice-over-IP (VoIP).

TLS is an IETF standards track protocol, last updated in RFC 5246, and is based on the earlier SSL specifications developed by Netscape Communications.[2]

Internet Protocol Suite
Application Layer
BGP · DHCP · DNS · FTP · HTTP · IMAP · IRC · LDAP · MGCP · NNTP · NTP · POP · RIP · RPC · RTP · SIP · SMTP · SNMP · SOCKS · SSH · Telnet · TLS/SSL · XMPP · (more)
Transport Layer
TCP · UDP · DCCP · SCTP · RSVP · ECN · (more)
Internet Layer
IP (IPv4, IPv6· ICMP · ICMPv6 · IGMP · IPsec · (more)
Link Layer
ARP/InARP · NDP · OSPF · Tunnels (L2TP· PPP · Media Access Control (Ethernet, DSL, ISDN, FDDI· (more)
v · d · e

Contents

[hide]
Go tehre...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security


Links on Webmail - Hotmail, GMail etc
DonsDeals: Hotmail users lose entire email inboxes, Microsoft restores them 5 days later
DonsDeals: It looks like someone is trying to Hijack my Hotmail Account. Watch out for this!:O
Google Custom Search
DonsDeals: Free Mail Collector - All Email Accounts in One Place
Free Webmail and Email by GMX | Sign Up Now!
DonsDeals: WebMail
WebMail
WebMail
pop3.live.com, is sending a cirtificate, which attempts to identify itself with the wrong information (the wrong site) - Google Search
thunderbird pop3.live.com, is sending a cirtificate, which attempts to identify itself with the wrong information (the wrong site) - Google Search
Thunderbird certificates?
Bug 639374 – A warning window appears spontaneously; "Add Security Exception"
JavaMail API - FAQ
Send/Receive errors | HowTo-Outlook
Transport Layer Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


No comments: