Search My Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to turn a spare LCD panel into a working monitor for $33

Re-using an LCD screen

In Hardware on Sep 5, 2011 at 00:01

This summer, someone gave me an old laptop which had stopped working. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong, so I decided to take it apart. Hehehe…

One of the parts coming out was a 15″ TFT LCD screen. Nothing stellar – 1280×800 – but still.

It turns out that there are several ways to get such a thing going again (thank you, Google). I ended up buying a DPMI/VGA interface board on eBay, complete with high-voltage supply and cables. It worked right out of the box:

Go there...
http://jeelabs.org/2011/09/05/re-using-an-lcd-screen/

Sounds good... Now, I wonder if those LCD's on those DOA Laptops I have... work???

Don
How to turn a spare LCD panel into a working monitor for $33
How to turn a spare LCD panel into a working monitor for $33 -- Engadget
MAKE | $33 Board Turns Your Bare LCD Into Working Monitor
Compatible R.RM5251 LCD Controller Board Kit with DVI | eBay
» Re-using an LCD screen JeeLabs


No comments: