Azle nominates special girl for homecoming queen
Posted on September 29, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Gallery See all 2 photos »
AZLE - Mariah Slick is already the talk of the town, but all she can talk about is homecoming.
The 18-year-old with Down syndrome was nominated by her classmates to be Azle High School's Homecoming Queen.
"From that moment on, it was just a ball of excitement," said Susan Slick, Mariah's mother. "Other teachers, kids calling me saying, 'Mariah's nominated for homecoming queen.'"
Mariah's mom has always let her try new things. She raised to her to look for new opportunities.
Homecoming queen is just the latest. She's already a Hornets cheerleader.
"We nominated her as class favorite last year, and it was cool to see her get that," said Mary Mooney. "And this was another opportunity to see her do something."
Go there Read More and see Video...
- Drought uncovers treasure for looters on Lake Whitney
- Azle nominates special girl for homecoming queen
- Grapevine PD officer crashes near D/FW
- Farmers Airship tour stops in Fort Worth
- Storms leave behind damage, outages in North Texas