Search My Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Resolve Firefox Flash Issues in Ubuntu with Flash-Aid

Resolve Firefox Flash Issues in Ubuntu with Flash-Aid

Frequently , we have to face lots of flash issues in the Ubuntu such as conflicting flash plugins, inappropriate flash versions and so on. Now, you can automatically resolve these kinds of flash issues in Ubuntu with a Firefox extension called Flash-Aid.

Flash-Aid is a Firefox Extension for Ubuntu and Debian Linux that removes conflicting flash plugins from the system, install the appropriate version according to the system architecture and apply some tweaks to bring improvement in the performance and fix common issues.It also provides alerts for the new Flash updates.

You can install the Flash-Aid from the link given at the end of the post. Once installed, a Flash-Aid button appears next to the address bar to start the installation wizard. Flash-Aid has in three types of installation modes: Wizard Mode, Quick Mode and Advanced Mode.

Under its Wizard Mode , you have options to install the stable as well as beta versions of the Adobe Flash. Under the Advanced Mode , along with the same options , there are options to install the Gnash, an open-source flash plugin alternative. You have the option to specify the plugin’s tar.gz file custom path or URL. The Quick Mode allows you to quickly install the stable and beta versions of the Adobe Flash.

You can click on the Wizard Mode to install it normally in your Ubuntu system. A Flash-Aid wizard with the options as shown below appears (See Images on the Site).

Read More...
http://shuffleos.com/web-application/resolve-firefox-flash-issues-in-ubuntu-with-flash-aid/2661/

Yes, I do remember that the one thing that I didn't like about Debian (which Ubuntu is based on). Was, that it took allot of Royal Pain in the But, messing around with Flash and Java too. In order to keep your Web Surfing Addons Up to Date and working well. I ran Debian Etch for 2 years and loved it, except that every time there was a Flash or Java update, I had to manually install them, over and over again. With Fedora, Java is still a Big Pain. But I don't remember the last time I had to manually update Flash. If I remember right... I think it now comes with the Yum Updates. Not sure on that. But I don't remember the last time I had to mess with Flash in my Fedora 14 system. Other than the install, when I rebuilt my System a couple of weeks ago. But, in my 6 years of running Linux. Flash and Java have been the most aggravating things I have had to deal with. Working, not Working... Manual installs and updates... And worst of all... Flash Using up 100% of my Processor Power because of it's many Bugs!:O

Don

Related Posts

No comments: