Search My Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

start - Etherboot/gPXE Wiki

Etherboot/gPXE Wiki

gPXE is an open source (GPL) network bootloader. It provides a direct replacement for proprietary PXE ROMs, with many extra features such as DNS, HTTP, iSCSI, etc. Take a look at our Screenshots page and the HowTo Guides for some ideas of what we can do, and grab the code from our Download page.

gPXE evolved from Etherboot, and is maintained by the Etherboot project.

Here you will find various information about the Etherboot Project, and a repository of useful contributions from people who use Etherboot and gPXE. We hope you find this information useful.

We are always looking for new people to help us improve our projects. We need people who can program, write/edit documentation, update websites, and provide help on our Etherboot-Discuss and Etherboot-Developers mailing lists and our IRC channel, #etherboot on irc.freenode.net.

Please join us, and become part of a great Open Source project!

The Etherboot Project Community


Read More...
http://etherboot.org/wiki/index.php

Etherboot/gPXE Wiki
start - Etherboot/gPXE Wiki
howtos - Etherboot/gPXE Wiki
isolinux - Etherboot/gPXE Wiki
The Syslinux website is currently out of order
I've been wanting to set up a PXE Boot Server for a while now. So that I can install my Linux Distros via the Network, instead of CD's and DVD's or USB's on machines that wont boot to USB's. I already have Cobbler installed on my Fedora 14 System. So, I think I will try it first...

Don

No comments: