Best Free Screen Capture Utility
In a Hurry?
|Go straight to the Quick Selection Guide|
On the standard Windows operating system, pressing the Print-Screen key will copy an image of the entire screen to the clipboard, holding the Alt key and pressing the Print-Screen key will capture the currently selected window. Vista and Windows 7 come with a screen capture utility pre-installed. Other operating systems may also offer a similar utility for screen capture.
As an alternative to the utilities that come with the OS, the freeware products in this review cover most of the following useful features and functions which users may find they need.
This article's focus is on screen captures. If your priority is editing after the capture then check out Best Free Digital Image Editor. Several of the editors listed also perform screen captures.
I downloaded, Screenshot Captor. I will try it out on my WinXP Machine later. I'm on my Fedora 14 System now and almost always am. But sometimes, when I'm in Windows. I need to take a Screen Shot and currently don't have an App for that...
Best Freeware Lists
- Editors Choice Selections
- Best Free Online Apps
- Best Free Portable Apps
- Best Free Win 7 / Vista 64 bit Apps
- Best Free iPad Apps
- Best Free Android Apps
- Security Apps Suggestions
- Security Apps Superlist
Not sure what free programs you need? Get our free guide:
"9 Great Freeware Programs that Should be on Every PC"
Download now. Details...
- News 10-07-11
- Video: Everything you wanted to know about DC motors - Hack a Day
- Linux Today - Why Do Volunteers Write Better Code?
- Linux Today - How To Migrate Mailboxes Between IMAP Servers With imapcopy
- HowStuffWorks Videos "Artificial Intelligence Lab at MIT"
- How to Care for Green Anole Lizards - wikiHow
- UVA Radiation May Cause DNA Damage in Skin
- Vetinari clock will drive you insane - Hack a Day
- Reclaiming waste heat from appliances - Hack a Day
- Best Free Screen Capture Utility
- 300,000 Free Lectures From The World's Top Universities
- How to Get More Space to Configure or Add Firefox Buttons
- Screenshot Captor - Mouser - Software - DonationCoder.com