filed under: transportation hacks
The Segfault is a balancing transport similar to a Segway, but it uses analog comparators instead of digital circuitry. On board you’ll find no less than twelve LMC6484 op amps. They take signals from the gyroscope and the accelerometer, balance and filter them, then drive the motor h-bridges accordingly.
[Charles], the guy behind the Segfault, is also the one responsible for DeathBlades. As with that project he does just as well at documenting as he does at fabrication. Take some time to enjoy his posts associated with this two-wheeled-wonder (especially the build process) and then watch in the video after the break.
- Kindle terminal with secret key-press activation (12/10/2010)
- Bluetooth temperature module (12/10/2010)
- Segfault: balancing transport using a dozen op-amps (12/10/2010)
- EEG the Locomotion (12/10/2010)
- Lego machine predicts future eclipses (12/09/2010)