What is lsass.exe? Is lsass.exe spyware or a virus?
How to fix lsass.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your lsass.exe process
2. Run Registry Booster to fix lsass.exe related errors
3. Run Spyware Doctor to remove persistent malware
Process name: Local security authentication server
"lsass.exe" is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC or server. Lsass generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. This is performed by using authentication packages such as the default, Msgina.dll. If authentication is successful, Lsass generates the user's access token, which is used to launch the initial shell. Other processes that the user initiates then inherit this token. More info
Note: The lsass.exe file is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. In other cases, lsass.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.
- Windows XP services.exe failed to initialize
- services.exe - Google Search
- services.exe Windows process - What is it?
- services.exe - services - Process Information
- services.exe failed to initialize - Google Search
- Windows XP services.exe / lsass.exe application failed to initialize boot error
- Application failed to initialize properly
- lsass.exe failed to initialize.... - MajorGeeks Support Forums
- Langa Letter: XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option -- Windows XP Management
- Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
- Adrynalyne's Self Help and Tweak Blog - Windows Live
- Help and Support
- Windows registry information for advanced users
- Working with the AppInit_DLLs registry value
- How to edit the registry offline using BartPE boot CD ?
- Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD
- lsass.exe - Google Search