personal genome service
get to know your dna. all it takes is a little bit of spit
Here's what you do:
1. Order a kit from our online store.
2. Claim your kit, spit into the tube, and send it to the lab.
3. Our CLIA-certified lab analyzes your DNA in 6-8 weeks.
4. Log in and start exploring your genome.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does 23andMe genotype my DNA?
- Why can't 23andMe diagnose me?
- What is the difference between genotyping and sequencing?
- How accurate is the genetic data you provide?
- Which countries do you ship to?
- How can I give the Personal Genome Service as a gift?
- What is 23andMe's return policy?
23andMe provides a collection of education materials to guide you on your personal journey of genetic discovery. Explore our learning resources and discover the world of genetics!
Click here to begin!
Click here to begin!
Our Technology and Standards
23andMe is a retail DNA testing service providing information and tools for consumers to learn about and explore their DNA. We utilize the Illumina Infinium HumanHap550-Quad+ HD Bead Research Use Only Chip which has been customized for use in all of our products and services by 23andMe. All of the laboratory testing for 23andMe is done in a CLIA-certified laboratory.
Technical Papers and Standards
- Guidelines on Vetting Genetic Associations
- Estimating Genotype-Specific Incidence for One or Several Loci
- Estimating Genotype-Specific Incidence in the Context of Ethnic Variation
- Global Similarity's Genetic Similarity Map
- See how we ensure that our research and data meet high scientific standards
Your Privacy and Security
Your personalized 23andMe web account provides secure and easy access to your information, with multiple levels of encryption and security protocols protecting your personal information.
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) is U.S. federal legislation that protects Americans from discrimination (in health insurance and employment decisions) on the basis of genetic information. Click here to learn about how GINA protects your genetic privacy.
- 23andMe, the personal genetics company
- Personal Genetics Startup 23andMe Raises $22 Million More From Google, Others
- 23andMe Zeppelin Hanging Out Above My House, Creeping Me Out
- Genetic Testing for Health, Disease & Ancestry; DNA Test - 23andMe
- Using Your Personal DNA Test - 23andMe