Search My Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fedora 12 Research on Fixing Broken GUI after installing Nvidia Graphics Driver by Uninstalling

Yep, I broke my Graphic (GUI) Interface on my brand new Fedora Install I was doing for my Mom!:O And it took me about 14 hours of hard work to fix it!!! I couldn't figure out a way to make it work and I was too afraid to uninstall the Xorg Vesa Driver in the Command Line, since I wasn't sure I could ever re-install it in there again. In the GUI, ya... typing out commands accurately... No!:( Don't do what I did... do what I say!;) Or well, here's the links;) Do it your own way!:) 
Fedora 12 Research on Fixing Broken GUI after installing Nvidia Graphics Driver by Uninstalling
search
Fedora 12, how do I boot to command line?
New Nvidia Video Driver for Linux Supports X Server 1.8 - Available for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms - Softpedia
195.36.24 for Linux x86/x86_64 released - nV News Forums
NVIDIA DRIVERS 195.36.24 Certified
fedora 12 video setup - Google Search
Fedora 12 one page release notes - FedoraProject
The Perfect Desktop - Fedora 12 i686 (GNOME) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
Fedora Nvidia Driver Install Guide
Linux Software Blog » Blog Archive » SOLVED Fedora 12 + Nvidia installation problems
Fedora 12 and a KVM Switch - FedoraForum.org
fedora 12 video nvidia lock up - Google Search
Chapter 3. Selecting and Downloading the NVIDIA Packages for Your System
Chapter 4. Installing the NVIDIA Driver
yum uninstall command - Google Search
Fwd: Re: Fedora 12 new updated kernel won't boot
How to use YUM to install and uninstall packages - FedoraForum.org
linux delete file command - Google Search
Deleting Files - Linux Commands

Don

No comments: