transparency and background image on a per-application basis. Additionally
Bashish supports prompt changing on common shells such as bash, zsh and tcsh.
- an UTF-8 or OEM (CP437) capable terminal is recommended
- rxvt-unicode (with frills!) is highly recommended
- KDE Konsole is also highly recommended
- Terminal.app on Mac OS X
- putty on Windows.
- dialog is recommended
Target audienceBashish is great for people who:
- Want a good looking prompt.
- Want to configure the apperance of the terminal.
- Want informative titles based on the command arguments.
- Need different fonts for different applications - eg. Chinese, Japanese, OEM Terminal fonts.
As an example, Bashish provides themes even if the themed application is run in a pipe, this without affecting the pipe at all.
Additionally there is no need to rewrite your aliases or functions since Bashish provides theming through shell script wrappers.
Oh, did I say that Bashish runs on whatever ordinary or obscure shell you may be using? :)
This page is Copylefted by Thomas Eriksson.