Search My Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

RealVNC Remote Auth Bypass?

Published: 2009-09-03,
Last Updated: 2009-09-03 18:29:43 UTC
by Marcus Sachs (Version: 1)
8 comment(s)

We had an interesting submission from one of our readers today.  He thinks there might be a problem with RealVNC.  Here are the comments he sent us:

I'm a professional computer tech for a living, although I don't specialize in security.  A few minutes ago I was shutting my PC down to go to a job when I noticed the VNC icon in my system tray was black, indicating a connection.  I was immediately suspicious and powered the machine back on but unplugged the network cable until I could firewall the VNC service.  I have a home broadband connection and the router is opened up to allow incoming remote access on port 5900.  I have often noted the many failed attempts to connect to my VNC service in the windows logs; however, this was different.  According to my event log, the service had been connected about for 15 minutes before I noticed it.  Here are the technical details:

Read more...
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=7060

RealVNC Remote Authentication Bypass Vulnerability

Not Vulnerable: RealVNC RealVNC Personal Edition 4.2.3
RealVNC RealVNC Free Edition 4.1.2
RealVNC RealVNC Enterprise Edition 4.2.3

Read more...
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/17978

Don

No comments: