We released F-Secure Rescue CD 3.00 beta two weeks ago. After one more development sprint, here’s the actual release of F-Secure Rescue CD 3.00 for you!
Rescue CD scans the computer and renames all files containing malware to .virus file extension.
- Rescue CD will by default scan:
- all hard drives in the computer
- all USB drives attached to the computer
- Windows FAT and NTFS drives
- Virus definition databases are updated automatically if the computer has an internet connection
- Virus definition databases can be updated manually by using a USB drive
- The Rescue CD Guide (pdf) has step by step instructions how to use the CD
Rescue CD is localized to English only.