What is PlayOnLinux?PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and softwares designed to run with Microsoft®'s Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings an accessible and efficient solution to this problem, cost-free and rescpetful of the free softwares.
What are PlayOnLinux's features?Here is a non-exhaustive list of the interesting points to know:
- You don't have to own a Windows® license to use PlayOnLinux.
- PlayOnLinux is based on Wine, and so profits from all its possibilities yet it keeps the user away from its complexity while exploiting some of its advanced functions.
- PlayOnLinux is a free software.
- PlayOnLinux uses Bash and Python
- Occasional performances decrease (image may be less fluid and graphics less detailed).
- Not all games are supported. Nevertheless, you can use our manual installation module.
I'd like to learn more about PlayOnLinux...
- In English: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/
- In French: http://www.playonlinux.com/fr/
- In Spanish: http://www.playonlinux.com/es
- In Polish: http://www.playonlinux.com/pl/
Prefixes does matter!
How does a prefix matter?
Manage Wine Version
Documentation and helping user
It's not in my Fedora 14 Repos. But I found a PlayOnLinux RPM for Fedora and a bunch of other Distros, on their site here...
I installed it with the RPM that I Downloaded. But I can't find it in my Applications Menu or in the Wine Menu. So, I'm going to Reboot and see if it shows up after that. Sometimes you still have to Reboot, after a new install in Linux too. Not often, but sometimes...
- Play On Linux
- play on linux - Google Search
- Home - PlayOnLinux - Run your Windows applications on Linux easily!
- Downloads - PlayOnLinux - Run your Windows applications on Linux easily!
- PlayOnLinux - The Official Wine Wiki
- PlayOnLinux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- DonsDeals: PlayOnLinux
- RPM repository - PlayOnLinux - Run your Windows applications on Linux easily!