About ConstellationConstellation is a platform for research projects that use Internet-connected computers to do research in various aerospace related sciences and engineering. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Constellation is supported by
- Rechenkraft.net e.V. (German)
- DGLR Stuttgart (German)
- Selfnet e.V. (German)
- shack e.V. Hackerspace Stuttgart (German)
Constellation DetailsConstellation is a platform for all kind of aerospace related simulation. Currently we are working on ...
- TrackJack: trajectory optimization of launchers, satellites and probes (subtask for DGLR-Group HyEnD - Hybrid Engine Development)
- On The Moon: simulation of Moon's near-surface exosphere
- Extreme Machine: analysis of dynamic systems of exploration-rovers
If you want to join our development team or if you have an simulation idea just contact us!
For further information visit About Constellation
How to be involved? Overwhelming 28c3 response
we received some emails after the 28c3, where you asked us how to be involved.
There are quite some ways.
You can participate in the distributed ground station network and help building it. There is a special email list firstname.lastname@example.org
You can propose your own project and we would love to let it run on Constellation. So when you need massive computing power for your aerospace simulation or want to build your own sensor grid, just ask us via email (email@example.com) or in our forums.
Or you can just be generous and passively donate your idle PC time to our project by joining it. This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select "Attach to Project". If not, download BOINC.
When prompted, enter http://aerospaceresearch.net/constellation/ .
So there are some ways to do some good for the (science) community, you just have to pick one.
We're really eager to receive more comments.
And here are some FAQs http://shackspace.de/wiki/doku.php?id=project:hgg:faq
What an overwhelming response to our project presentation on 28c3. THANK you, but you have to thank yourself, because it's the community that makes this platform run!
Just send us an email, follow us on twitter.com/ARDNnews, like our site on facebook.com/AerospaceResearch.net
Andreas 31 Dec 2011 13:01:30 UTC · Comment
Cool Project!:) I use to run BOINC for SETI@home at Home and a couple of Health Research Projects on Rosetta@home. It was easy to setup on a Windows XP System. This was long was long before I go into Linux OS's, which I have been running exclusively for 6 years now... Fedora and Debian are my favorites. I believe I tried out BOINC for Linux a few years ago, if I remember fight. But, I have been running my Web Sites on a Home Server for a couple of years now and can't spare the Band Width for BOINC right now. I think this would be an interesting Project to add to BOINC if you are running it though...
- BOINC Projects - SETI@home - Rosetta@home - Constellation
- boinc - Google Search
- Hackerspace Global Grid [shackspace wiki]
- Project HGG: FAQ [shackspace wiki]
- AMSAT - The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation
- Flying Laptop
- Hacking confab conjures visions of space-borne 'SOPA Wars' | Privacy Inc. - CNET News
- Hackerspace Global Grid Meetup » shackspace = der hackerspace in stuttgart
- 28c3: Building a Distributed Satellite Ground Station Network - A Call To Arms - YouTube
- boinc - Google Search
- Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia