Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems: Class I Recall - Reports of Patient Injury
AUDIENCE: Risk Managers, Surgery, Orthopedics
ISSUE: FDA notified health professionals of a Class I Recall of Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems because of reports of patient injury related incidents. The incorrect removal of the T-pins that support the bottom base, instead of the T-pins that support the top, may result in patients falling to the floor. Another potential concern is unexpected movement/tilting of the table which may result in unanticipated movement and/or patient falls during surgery. Patient falls or unanticipated movement may result in serious injury or death.
BACKGROUND: Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems are used for patient positioning during a diverse set of orthopedic trauma, thoracic, and spinal surgery procedures.
RECOMMENDATION: On July 29, 2011, Mizuho issued a Field Advisory Notice to Hospital Risk Management, Operating Room Directors, Operating Room Technicians, Physicians, Nurses, Anesthesiologists and any personnel involved in the use and/or set up of the OSI Modular Table Systems. The Field Advisory Notice provided warnings and recommendations for safe use of the Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems including performing a verification count of all the T-pins to confirm the stability of the table top.
Questions should be directed to Mizuho on their toll-free hotline at 1-800-777-4674, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5 pm, Pacific Time.
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm1
- Download form2 or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
[11/09/2011 - Recall Notice3 - FDA]
- Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems info
- Safety Alerts for Human Medical Products > Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems: Class I Recall - Reports of Patient Injury
- mizuho osi modular table systems - Google Search
- Mizuho OSI Products
- Mizuho OSI Products
- List of Medical Device Recalls > Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems
- FDA Recalls Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems Due to Patient Falls
- Patient Falls Trigger FDA Recall of Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems | Quality
- Mizuho OSI Modular Table Systems - Google Search
- Mizuho OSI Modular Table System Recall Lawyer & Lawsuit | The Senators (Ret.) Firm, LLP
- Pressure Equalization Pads, Radiolucent Wilson Frame, Wilson Plus Universal For Surgical Tables, View Systems, Orangeaid Repair Kit, Ip And Knee Arthroplasty Table Manufacturer & Wholesale Supplier From Usa
- November 2011 :: Accident and Injury Lawyer Blog
- Didage Sales Company
- AS3233-PATIENT POSITIONING FOR SURGERY_PLC Programming Cable