/Projects/Warm Tube Clock v2 - Nixie Clock
This is a new and improved version of "Warm Tube Clock" - the open source Nixie clock project. Important hardware changes between this new version and the previous one are:
- Timekeeping is more accurate and is done by DS3231 (or DS3232) RTC IC
- There is no DS18S20 temperature sensor - the internal one of RTC IC is used instead
- Backup battery is not powering AVR anymore, but only the RTC IC
- There is no "slide switch" to control the alarm - now it is done in firmware
- Crystal on PCB is optional and can be chosen up to 16 MHz. It clocks AVR and GSCLK pin of TLC59401 IC
- Pin-compatible with previous version of Nixie "shields"
So, if you didn't read about the previous Warm Tube Clock, it is best to do it right now.
All project files (schematics, PCB & source code) are available for download by clicking on the red download button under the article (open source hardware).
Warm Tube Clock v2 - Nixie clock
Read More and See more Videos and Pics...
Pretty Cool:) I've always liked the look of Tubes, since I started taking apart Radios as a kid growing up in the 60's...
- Warm Tube Clocks with Nixie Tubes
- Warm Tube Clock, take 2 - Hack a Day
- Elektronika.ba - Warm Tube Clock v2 - Nixie Clock
- Warm Tube Clock - Hack a Day
- Learn from the Ice Tube Clock - Hack a Day
- Elektronika.ba - Warm Tube Clock v1 - Nixie Clock
- YouTube - Warm Tube Clock v1 - Nixie clock - Alarm test
- YouTube - Warm Tube Clock v2 - Nixie clock