Some of Burt's
Helpful Hints and Other Trivia
PCB Cleaning Techniques and Tips
One of the things that distinguish a professional printed circuit board from an amateur made one is the final appearance. Gobs of sticky rosin flux detract greatly from an otherwise neat circuit. Cleaning the rosin off the board is one of the more misunderstood processes in making homemade boards.
Skipping on Down...
Disclaimer: Any application of the process described here is solely the responsibility of the user and it is their responsibility to determine the suitability of the process and their locally available materials for their application. In other words, don't blame me if it does not work for you. It works for me and that is all that is important.
Back to the
Burt's Home Page
©1998 Burton Lang
Now I am going to let you in on a secret. There is a product available in hardware and paint stores (at least here in Canada - I don't know about its general availability in the USA) that makes cleaning rosin off a circuit board a snap. What is it? It is called "
- Cleaning flux from PCBs
- Cleaning flux from PCBs the easy way - Hack a Day
- Squeaky Clean Boards - 100RandomTasks
- Hints for better cleaning of homemade printed circuit boards.
- cleaning flux from pcbs - Google Search
- Flux Removal - nuxx.net
- Poly-Clens Paint Brush - PCB Cleaner
- Epoxy Putty Repair Xpress, Poly Clens Brush Roller Cleaner, Easy Flow White Glue, Interior Exterior Wood Fillers, Poly Instafil Lightweight Spackling Compound, Poly Super Strippa Manufacturer & Wholesale Supplier From Canada
- Windsor Plywood - Winnipeg - 551 Century & 3176 Main
- Lost in Translation: Poly Clens
- Poly Clens Design: Trademark by Henkel Canada Corporation
- poly-clens - Google Search