Search My Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Coss Horizontal Stirling


Coss Horizontal Stirling Engine



I originally found this engine on the cover of the Nov / Dec 2005 edition of The Home Shop Machinist. I hadn't really paid too much attention to it as I thought it was beyond my capabilities. I was also deep in other projects at that time. In February 2009 I started looking for a project; something just beyond the reach of my technical skills. Beyond, because it would challenge me and push me to learn and reach beyond my comfort zone.


It made sense to build from the bottom up. I wanted to build in the same order as assembly - I didn't want any parts on hand that couldn't be attached to another part. The Frame or as Terry calls it, the Tuning Fork was first.

Before I start cutting, I print the part off the Cad program and make sure that the size and location suits my mill and material. I also use it to zero the mill on the material.




Go there See More Pics...
http://www.ldrider.ca/cnc/coss-horizontal/coss-horizontal.htm

No comments: