Search My Blog

Monday, September 7, 2009

8 Useful and Interesting Bash Prompts – Make Tech Easier

8 Useful and Interesting Bash Prompts – Make Tech Easier

8 Useful and Interesting Bash Prompts


bachprompts-mainMany people don't think of their command prompt as a particularly useful thing, or even pay it much attention. To me, this is a bit of a shame, as a useful prompt can change the way you use the command line. Well I've scoured the Interwebs looking for the best, most useful, or sometimes most amusing bash prompts. Here, in no particular order, are the ones I'd be most likely to use on my computers. Note – to use any of these prompts, you can copy & paste the "PS1=" line directly into your terminal. To make the change permanent, paste the line to the end of your ~/.bashrc file.

Read more...

http://maketecheasier.com/8-useful-and-interesting-bash-prompts/2009/09/04

Don

No comments: