Search My Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Linux Today - Open Source Photo Editing Comes of Age

Open Source Photo Editing Comes of Age
Sep 5, 2009, 03 :02 UTC (0 Talkback[s]) (2209 reads)

[ Thanks to rm42 for this link. ]

"Auto-Correction
Normally I would have been content with leaving it at that. But since I am still in the exploring digiKam mode, I decided to test some of the Auto-Correction tools available. To do that, I went back to the original RAW image, and after importing it, I went straight into Color > Auto-Correction. This is what it looks like.

"As you can see, there are five automatic correction levels that you can choose from to improve your image. In most images that I have tried this with, the Auto Levels option gives the best results. However, in this particular image the result was too dark. I had not seen any image for which the Equalize option resulted in an improvement, but for this particular image the results it gave me were surprisingly good. This is what the digiKam documentation says about the Equalize method of Auto-Correction:"

Complete Story

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-09-05-001-35-MM-DT-KE

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/open-source-photo-processing-comes-of-age/

Don

No comments: