Search My Blog

Monday, September 7, 2009

Learn why 250GB is not ever reported as 250GB | Microsoft Windows | TechRepublic.com

Learn why 250GB is not ever reported as 250GB

I always appreciate it when one article leads to another. It makes my job as a technical writer for TechRepublic so much easier. While writing my last article, Maximize the performance of Microsoft Vista and Intel Matrix RAID, (part 2) the issue of hard drive capacity and how it is reported in Windows reared its ugly head.

That article wasn't the place to discuss why my Samsung 750GB hard drive only showed 698.6GB in Windows. As you will see, the explanation is a little more complicated than you might guess. In this blog post, I want to face the topic head on in my own inimitable way.

Read More...

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=1511&tag=nl.e101

No comments: