Search My Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

1988 Toyota Pickup $800 or Trade for a Chevy Turbo 350 or a better stronger Auto Transmission for my 4 Wheel Drive Blazer.

(Update: I traded the 88 Toyota Pickup for a Transmission Rebuild on my 76 Blazer). Here's the original Post... 

1988 Toyota Pickup $800 or Trade for a Chevy Turbo 350 or a better
stronger Auto Transmission for my 4 Wheel Drive Blazer. The Blazer has
a 350 engine, so the Trans must fit the 350. This deal includes You
installing the Transmission for me or Rebuilding mine could be an
option if you don't have a trade and you can rebuild Transmissions. I
can't do the work any more, have health problems... I will Also
consider trading for a Dodge Small Block V8 Engine in good shape for
my 83 Dodge Van, it has a 318 now and it smokes. Want to rebuild it?
Or maybe trade for a 4 Wheeler, Dirt Bike, Trail-Street Preferred or
Possibly a Chopper street bike. The Toyota Pickup has a 22RE Fuel
Injected 4 cylinder with Auto Transmission. It's a Long Bed Pickup and
has 140423 Miles on the Odometer. The Auto Trans with overdrive, works
good, but it does make a slight noise sometimes when in park. Probably
the parking gear, not sure. I had the Radiator acid vat-ed and
cleaned. I believe the Motor needs a Head Gasket or complete rebuild.
I bought it from a friend I thought all it needed was a fuel pump.
It's an in tank electric. They were pretty expensive so I did some
research and figured out that a Holley Electric Fuel Pump which is
really for a V8 Mustang would work and it was allot cheaper. So I put
the Holley in since I was figuring I might do an engine swap one day
anyway. I got it running and tuned it up, put New Plugs, Wires and
Distributor Cap on it. I put some New Side Mirrors and one of those
Chrome Rings on the front passenger side wheel, also the Seat Pad in
the cab. It had some rusty spots on the sides, so I cut them out and
filled them with fiberglass and body putty. I still haven't sanded
them down and painted them yet. After I started driving it, I found
out that it was overheating. I took it to a radiator shop and had the
radiator vatted and cleaned. I was beginning to worry about the Head
Gasket by that time, since it always overheated after about 15 to 20
mile trips. The Radiator Shop confirmed that the Head Gasket was about
to go. I parked it in Aug 06 and I just haven't felt like working on
it, since I have some health problems. When I tried to start it to
move it to the back, it wouldn't stay running. I think that water is
leaking into the cylinders now and diluting the fuel. The Head is
aluminum so it will probably need to be machined when you put on the
new Head Gasket. I let it set for a while and now the motor wouln't
turn over. I think it's rusted up from the water leaking into the
cylinders. Thus I think it would be best to rebuild the motor. The
tires have good tread and it drives straight. It has Fuel Infection
and is rated at 22mpg. I took the radio out, but I have another one
for it, if you wan it. This would be a great Truck to Hot Rod or
convert to a 4x4 Monster;)
More Pics at, http://bishopco.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10
Don

No comments: