Search My Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Trying to Restore, my Lost Bookmarks in Firefox

This is an Article on, Trying to Restore my Lost Bookmarks in Firefox. Since I recently lost about 2 months of Bookmarks. Due to me Opening up an older version of Firefox on my Fedora 14 System. By running WebHTTrack Web Site Copier. I use it to backup my Web Site, once in a while. i have used it, since the days of Win98, and it's a good App. The problem is... It's hard linked to an older version of Firefox. And I can't update it on Fedora 14, (since it's EOL - End of Life, now). I figured out. That, at some point. I had deleted the Profile, for this older version of Firefox. From my "/home/don/.mozilla/firefox/" folder. I'm sure, I did this to save Space, on my HD (don't remember for sure now). I found it and some other old Profiles, on my Backup Drive. So, I restored them all. And then deleted the older Bookmark Backups, from my home directory, that I don't need any more. They are large. Adding up to about 9GB, on my System. But, I haven't tried running WebHTTrack, again yet. I want to get my Bookmarks Restored and Backed-up, first. At first, I wasn't worried. I thought. I'll just use Firefox Sync, to Restore all but few Bookmarks that hadn't been Synced yet. I can't keep Firefox Sync Running in the Background, on any of my Systems. It uses up too much CPU and Memory. I'm only running Core 2 Intel Processors and 3Gig of Ram, on these Systems. Still, I turned on Bookmarks Sync in the Laptop, first. And waited, for it to completely Sync. Then I turned on Sync on the Desktop and let it run through, till it was finished. This takes several hours, on my Slow Systems. But, to my Dismay. There were very Few Bookmarks Restored. And after looking through a few folder. Even worse, there were a bunch of empty Folders, as well... So, I've been trying to Restore all the Bookmarks, that I can. And find an easy way to Backup my Bookmarks, Daily and Automatically. In addition, to using Lucky Backup, to Backup my home Directory. Because, for some reason. My ".json" (now ".jsonlz4" file extension) Firefox Bookmarks Backup files, were Corrupted. The newest ones, that is. So, I couldn't use them to Restore my most recent Bookmarks. Also, the bad thing, about using the Firefox ".json" Backup files. Is, that you can only Replace All of your Bookmarks. You can't just Add a ".jsonJson" file, to your existing Firefox Bookmarks. Restoring a ".json" Bookmarks file. Will overwrite all of your Firefox Bookmarks. This always causes you to loos all of the Bookmarks, that you have made, since the last Backup. I don't like this. That's why I do occasional manual HTML Back-up's of my Firefox Bookmarks. I wish Firefox would make an option to make HTML Bookmark Back-up's, Automatic. Like I said. I do have some HTML Backups of my Bookmarks. That I did manually. They are HTML Bookmark Files. They work, but they are about two months old. I didn't keep up with my Manual Backups. Because, I thought I was covered. By my Daily Auto File System Backups. Done with Lucky Backup. Which normally works Great. But, for some unknown reason. My ".json" file Backups, were corrupted and would not Restore. And for some odd Reason. When import HTML Bookmarks files into Firefox. I get Disk Full Warnings. On both my Fedora 14 and 20 Systems. I have 7GB of Space on the Laptop and 35GB or so on the Desktop. I found a large amount (about 6GB) of Bookmarks Backup files, during this process, in Fedora 14. I deleted them and things were fine, after that. But, I didn't dare trying Importing all those Bookmarks again. Then, I Devised a Scheme. To, Import all of my old HTML Bookmark Backups into Chrome, in my Fedora 20 System. On my Laptop. Then, use the Import function in Firefox, to Import them all into Firefox. Because, I thought. I might get around the excessive HD Space usage issue, this way. And because, when doing an HTML Bookmarks Import of many Bookmarks. As I am doing, (my newest file, is about 135MB) and has thousands of Bookmarks. This causes Firefox to be Unusable, during the whole process. So, I have to get on another Machine, to do my Web Surfing, for several hours...  And I really only like working on my Desktop. I mostly, just use the Laptop, to watch Web Videos, on my TV... So, my Scheme, went ok for the first 135MB HTML Bookmarks file Import. But, I kept on trying to import more. I wanted to make sure, that I didn't miss any important Bookmarks. Yes, I use them allot and every day. When Posting on my Blog. If you have read any of my other Posts. You, can see what I mean... But, after a few more Imports, that take 30 minutes to a couple of hours. And you just havekeep checking your Bookmarks Folder to see if the Import is working and or done. There's now "Import Done" message or anything like that, in Chrome. Or Firefox, either, if I remember, right. After, a while. I tried to check my Bookmark Imports in Chrome. And Chrome Locked up. And I had to Force Close, it. This kept happening. And now, Chrome, Won't Even Stay Running. It will open up and after a few minutes. Chrome will Crash. But, I was able to do the Import, of my Bookmarks. From within Firefox. From Chrome, into Firefox. Then, there was all of the empty folders. That, Firefox Sync, had left behind... That's what got me to searching and trying out different Bookmarks Addons for Firefox... I have been trying out a few different Bookmarks Managing Addons. There aren't any, that I can find. That will do, everything that I want. I want to remove all of the Empty Folders, in My Bookmarks. And I just want them all Sorted in Alphabetical Order. But, these Addons, all Pay attention to the Separators. That Firefox has put in the Bookmarks. And to complicate, matters, even further. When you Import HTML Bookmarks, into Firefox or Chrome. They are automatically Put into a Sub-folder. That says "Imported From...". I have never found a way to Stop this behavior. So, I've learned, to just live with it. But, it's a real Pain for me. Because, when I am looking through my Book marks or Adding New Bookmarks. I use my Keyboard, to find the Folder, that I want. By just typing the first few letters of the Name of the Folder... It's a wonderful and quick way to do this. When your Folders are all in Alphabetical Order. But, not so much. When they are Forced to be Out of Order, by these Built in Dividers. Anyway... I've been messing with all of this, for about two weeks now. I finally settled in on using. Bookmarks Checker, to get rid of the empty folders. I found out, by trial and error. That, you have to run Bookmarks Checker, over and over. In order to get rid of all of your empty Bookmarks Folders. It will finally say it is "Done". When there are no more empty folders. And I use SimpleSort Bookmarks, to Sort my Bookmarks in, as close to Alphabetical Order, as I can get, with the available Addons, I have found. neither of these Addons do exactly what I need. But, I like them better than the others I have tried. These two Addons, don't completely Slow Down my System. As some of the Other Addons Have Done. I still don't have the majority, of my Bookmarks Restored to my Desktop System. I can see, that there are more, in my Laptop, still. I have been depending on Firefox Sync to do this job. But, after several times, of letting Sync Run, till it seemed done... I may still have to try a Manual HTML Bookmarks Import, in my Fedora 14 Desktop System, again...

Don

Firefox and Add-ons
13 Best Firefox Add-ons of 2013 | The Den
About the required permissions · gorhill/uBlock Wiki · GitHub
Adblock Edge
Adblock Edge
Add Bookmark Here ² :: Add-ons for Firefox
Auto-Sort Bookmarks :: Add-ons for Firefox
Babylon 10 Translation Software and Dictionary
Bible History | Firefox Marketplace
bible :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
BibleZ | Firefox Marketplace
Bluhell Firewall :: Add-ons for Firefox
bookmark organizer :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
bookmark organizer :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
bookmark organizer :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox (stopped looking here)
Bookmarks Checker - check for bad links :: Add-ons for Firefox
bookmarks | Firefox Marketplace
bookmarks .json :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Classic Bookmarks Button :: Add-ons for Firefox
Click&Clean :: Add-ons for Firefox
Cooliris | Discover More
CoolPreviews :: Add-ons for Firefox
CoolPreviews by Cooliris, Inc.
CouponsHelper :: Add-ons for Firefox
DeeperWeb Search - The Essential Search Engine Addon and Plugin
DownloadHelper - Media download Firefox extension
Download Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search
BishopCo.com DonsDeals Blog: Firefox in Fedora Linux - Error Shows chrome://gbe/content/scripts/overlay.js:1053 - Script Keeps hanging up on Firefox Startup
Download YouTube Videos as MP4 :: Add-ons for Firefox
DownThemAll!
Edit any page :: Add-ons for Firefox
EverSync - Sync bookmarks, backup your favorites. :: Add-ons for Firefox
Fastest Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Features - FastestFox: Browse Faster
Fess Google Bookmark Extension :: Add-ons for Firefox
Fireclam :: Add-ons for Firefox
Firefox about:support Page Troubleshooting Information
Firefox Help
Firefox Help
Firefox Marketplace - Apps
Firefox no longer works with some versions of Windows XP | Firefox Help
Firefox Sync | Firefox Help
Firefox Sync - Manage Sync
Flash Video Downloader » Downloads flash video from websites
FoxyProxy
FoxyProxy Forums • Index page
FoxySpider :: Add-ons for Firefox
Free Browser Extension that Efficiently Blocks Ads Using Less Memory
GBookmarks (Google Bookmarks for Firefox) :: Add-ons for Firefox
Google Bookmarks IncSearch :: Add-ons for Firefox
google bookmarks :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Google Plus Youtube Playlist :: Add-ons for Firefox
Google/Yandex search link fix :: Add-ons for Firefox
gorhill/uBlock · GitHub
gorhill/uMatrix · GitHub
Hola Better Internet
How do I add a device to Firefox Sync? | How to | Firefox Help
How to update to the new Firefox Sync | Mozilla Support
ImTranslator add-on for Firefox - YouTube
ImTranslator - Plug-in for FireFox. Version 7.5
Install Firefox on Windows | Firefox Help
Introduction to MindiT bookmarking - YouTube
Known Subscriptions | AutoProxy
Lightbeam for Firefox :: Add-ons for Firefox
Links to local pages do not work - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Linux Today - Firefox 27 Looks to Boost Web Security
MaskMe - Block Spam With Disposable Emails And Protect Your Passwords
Meet the FireFox Tweak Developer :: Add-ons for Firefox
Mind iT - Intelligent Bookmarking
Mind iT - Intelligent Bookmarking
Mozilla Firefox 26 System Requirements
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Keep your Firefox in sync — Mozilla
my.xmarks.com
Online Bookmark Manager - StartAid :: Add-ons for Firefox
Page Hacker - NICOpenSource
PageTweak - Ad Blocker, Video Downloader, Translator... :: Add-ons for Firefox
Password Reset | Mozilla Support
Pearl Crescent Page Saver
Privacy Badger | Electronic Frontier Foundation
QCLean
Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings | Firefox Help
Releases · gorhill/uBlock · GitHub
S3.Google Translator :: Add-ons for Firefox
SimpleSort Bookmarks - Advanced options
▶ The Web We Want: An Open Letter - YouTube
uninstall app | Firefox Marketplace
Unsorted Bookmarks Folder Menu :: Add-ons for Firefox
Update Firefox to the latest version | Firefox Help
URL Link :: Add-ons for Firefox
User Info for Eric Ries :: Add-ons for Firefox
User Info for ialc :: Add-ons for Firefox
User Info for Linkular LLC :: Add-ons for Firefox
User Info for ViJo :: Add-ons for Firefox
Using TooManyTabs - Basics for Firefox - YouTube
Video Bookmarks :: Add-ons for Firefox
Visibo Product Updates: TooManyTabs for Firefox
Web Developer
Webmail Ad Blocker :: Add-ons for Firefox
Welcome to Firefox 4
What's New? iMacros Upgrade Completed
Xmarks - Bookmarks Sync
Xmarks Bookmark Sync and Search​
Xmarks Features: Overview
Xmarks - Login to My Account
Xmarks Sync :: Add-ons for Firefox
Yes popups ← Projects ← MPAM Rebooted
YouTube Unblocker :: Add-ons for Firefox
zMaps | Firefox Marketplace
GMarks - Google Groups
Firefox Google Bookmarks Menu(gbookmarks)
Всякое разное: Fess Google Bookmark
Fess Google Bookmarks - Google Translate
FireFox Tweak :: Add-ons for Firefox
Site perso d'Olivier Drevet
Video Without Flash Firefox Addon - Google Translate
add block :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Speed Dial [FVD] - New Tab Page, Sync... :: Add-ons for Firefox
flashblock :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
tweek page :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Everhelper - FVD Speed Dial, GetThemAll and other products.

Firefox Addon's Plugins for Linux Flash and Java and More
Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon
Add-on Search Results for download :: Add-ons for Firefox
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
Adobe - Download Adobe Flash Player
adstomper / adblockedge — Bitbucket
Adversity Adblock List
Amazon.com - Wish List
Amazon.com - Wish List
Andy Halford So long and thanks for all the fish
Bookmark Deduplicator :: Add-ons for Firefox
Bug 467 – Please add avconv support (should replace ffmpeg, no longer supported by upstream)
Cusser.net
Customize controls, options and add-ons | Firefox Help
Custom New Tab :: Add-ons for Firefox
custom new tab :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Download Manager Tweak :: Add-ons for Firefox
Download Youtube Videos HD 1080p, Megavideo, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. :: Add-ons for Firefox
Element Hiding Helper
Firefox - Click&Clean
firefox-showip - ShowIP Firefox/Iceweasel Extension - Google Project Hosting
FoxyProxy Update Release Notes 06-16-11
Free Website Monitoring by AlertFox
fvd speed dial :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
How to allow Java on trusted sites | Firefox Help
Image in New Tab :: Add-ons for Firefox
Image Search Options :: Add-ons for Firefox
index-137561.html
Java Tester - What Version of Java Are You Running?
Known Adblock Plus subscriptions
Meet the Speed DNS Developer :: Add-ons for Firefox
Mysites - the best speed dial and start page :: Add-ons for Firefox
► NetVideoHunter - Download videos and music from almost any website
New Tab JumpStart
New Tab Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox
new tab :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
New Tab Tools :: Add-ons for Firefox
New Tab Tools :: Add-ons for Firefox
New Tab Wallpapers :: Add-ons for Firefox
► New version (1.9.5) to fix the issue with Aurora and Nightly Firefox versions
NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - NoScript Release Notes - InformAction
Open Bookmarks in New Tab :: Add-ons for Firefox
PageTweak - Ad Blocker, Video Downloader, Translator... :: Add-ons for Firefox
Pixlr Grabber :: Add-ons for Firefox
Proxy Software, Tested Proxy Lists and Private Proxies | DelicacySet Inc. > Proxies
Proxy Tool Addon for Firefox - Directly access to website to access to ForexTool, Google, Yahoo and Bing web sites
Quick Starts - Tips, Tricks and Tools
ScrapBook :: Add-ons for Firefox
ScribeFire Next :: Add-ons for Firefox
Scribefire :: Search :: Add-ons for Firefox
Search | Mozilla Support
SkipScreen -- Incredible Rapidshare and Megaupload download helper! :: Add-ons for Firefox
SmartLinks for SkipScreen
SmartVideo For YouTube
Speed DNS :: Add-ons for Firefox
Tile Tabs :: Add-ons for Firefox
TweakTube - YouTube Enhancer / Video Downloader :: Add-ons for Firefox
Update 4.7.4 - Video DownloadHelper
Update 4.9.11 - Video DownloadHelper
Update 4.9.12 - Video DownloadHelper
Vacuum Places Improved :: Add-ons for Firefox
Verify Java Version
Video conversion with DownloadHelper
Video conversion with DownloadHelper
Website Monitoring by AlertFox
What's New? iMacros Upgrade Completed
YouTube Center :: Add-ons for Firefox
Youtube Video Center :: Add-ons for Firefox
Firefox Plugin Check
about:config
About Plugins
Apple - QuickTime - Download
current version plugin iTunes Application Detector - Google Search
current version plugin NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.3.0 - Google Search
current version plugin Xine Plugin - Google Search
current version plugin Xine Plugin « Photodeus Blog
Flash Player - Lightspark is an LGPLv3 licensed Flash player and browser plugin written in C++/C that runs on Linux
gecko-mediaplayer - kdekorte2
GNU Gnash - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
How do I uninstall Java for Linux?
Mozilla — Plugin Check & Updates — mozilla.org
MPlayer - The Movie Player
Plugin Check & Updates — Mozilla
Plugin installation - VDR Wiki
Search bar - Easily choose your favorite search engine | Firefox Help
Secure Search - Click&Clean
Xine-plugin - VDR Wiki

Firefox, 50 Slow Performing Add-ons
BetterPrivacy :: Add-ons for Firefox
BetterPrivacy Help
Firefox: 50 Slow Performing Add-ons
Simple Software - Kill Flash Cookies
Slow Performing Add-ons :: Add-ons for Firefox
Flash 10.2 Found To Be Crashtastic
DonsDeals: full screen adobe flash crash | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
DonsDeals: Ok, This is Great!!!:) Now the plugin-containe Process handles the Flash Videos.
DonsDeals: When using Adobe Flash Player 10 why is there high cpu/memory usage (100% utilization)?
flash video crash - Google Search

Flash App npviewer.bin Slowing Firefox and my Fedora 13 System Down Allot Using 50 to 100% CPU
Bug 451610 – nspluginwrapper segfaults (in npviewer.bin)
Bug 607884 – npviewer.bin errors bringing down firefox
Firefox crash: npviewer.bin is not responding. - FedoraForum.org
Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk
npviewer.bin fedora 13 - Google Search
What is npviewer.bin? Why it takes all computer's power?

Flash causing 100% cpu usage
flash causing 100% cpu usage - Google Search
mozdev.org - flashblock: index
When using Adobe Flash Player 10 why is there high cpu/memory usage (100% utilization)?

Flash crash in full screen
flash 10 bugs: fullscreen crashes due to hardware acceleration « Justin J. Moses : Blog
Flash Fullscreen Crash - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
full screen adobe flash crash | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
How To Fix Full-Screen Flash Videos in Linux & Firefox (or Swiftfox) ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

No comments: