ARDUINO MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER - Hackaday.io
This project was created on 03/10/2015 and last updated 20 hours ago.
DescriptionThis is a ARDUINO based MPPT charge controller which can charge a commonly used 12V lead acid battery from a solar panel . The microcontroller used is in this controller is Arduino Nano. But you can also use other Arduino boards like Pro Mini,Micro and UNO.
The Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) circuit is based around a synchronous buck converter circuit.It steps the higher solar panel voltage down to the charging voltage of the battery. The Arduino tries to maximize the watts input from the solar panel by controlling the duty cycle to keep the solar panel operating at its Maximum Power Point.
The MPPT controller is more sophisticated and more expensive.It has several advantages over the other charge controller.It is 30 to 40 % more efficient at low temperature.
Solar Charge Controller Improves Efficiency of Solar Panels
- Solar Charge Controller Improves Efficiency of Solar Panels | Hackaday
- ARDUINO MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER • Hackaday.io
- Perterb and Observe Algorithm - YouTube
- ARDUINO MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER (Version-3.0)
- Maximum power point tracking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Prototyping a solar charger for your truck | Hackaday
- Solar Test 2 - YouTube