"On a Team Meeting held on April 14 2013, it was decided that Fuduntu would discontinue development and no new versions will be released. Large parts of the team are planning to work on a new rebased OS, most likely with a new name."
I have tried out Fuduntu on several machines and in Virtual Box, ever since it first came out. I liked it pretty well. But, still prefer Fedora on my main Systems. I recently was given some older Computers and Laptops. Fuduntu runs great on these systems. Even on one that only has 385MB of Ram, can run on Fuduntu 2013. So, I was all set to really get into using Fuduntu. They do say the they are considering building a New Distro. So, perhaps it will work on older Systems, as well as newer ones too. Here's hoping...
Update Article 04-29-30...
Fuduntu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Company / developer||Fuduntu Team|
|Source model||Free and open source software and proprietary software|
|Initial release||7 November 2010|
|Latest stable release||2013.2 / 8 April 2013|
|Marketing target||General purpose; optimized for portable computers|
|Update method||Yum (PackageKit)|
|Package manager||RPM Package Manager|
|Supported platforms||IA-32, x86-64|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux)|
|Default user interface||GNOME|
|License||Mainly GNU GPL; various other open source licenses. For ease of use, some proprietary items are also included (e.g., Adobe Flash).|
After forking Fedora 14 in early November 2011, Fuduntu became an independent distribution and is no longer considered a "remix" of Fedora; it never qualified as a "spin" because it contained packages not included in Fedora.
On a Team Meeting held on April 14 2013, it was decided that Fuduntu would discontinue development and no new versions will be released. Large parts of the team are planning to work on a new rebased OS, most likely with a new name.
FeaturesAs Fuduntu was originally targeted at the Asus Eee PC and other netbooks, it contains some tweaks to reduce power consumption. Among them, the /tmp and /var/log directories have been moved to RAM disk, and swappiness has been reduced to 10, to reduce the frequency of disk spin-up. In addition, Fuduntu includes the Jupiter power management applet (also developed by Andrew Wyatt), for easy adjustment of CPU performance settings, screen output and resolution, etc.
The default packages include Nautilus Elementary, Adobe Flash, the Fluendo MP3 Codec, VLC, Infinality Freetype, LibreOffice, Gmail, and the nano editor.
Look and FeelThe used icon theme is called "Faenza Cupertino". It features the distinctive square icon set of Faenza. Because it was originally based on Fedora and Ubuntu it has GNOME as window manager, giving the opportunity to change themes, including window frames.
Version historyFollowing is the release history of Fuduntu:
- Fedora, the operating system on which Fuduntu is based.
- "Fuduntu 2013.2 Released". 2013-04-08.
- Fuduntu.org: Behind the Name
- Fuduntu 14.12 Release - Happy Anniversary!
- FedoraProject.org: Remix
- Fuduntu Team meeting held on April 14, 2013
- "Fuduntu Is A Fedora 14 Remix For Netbooks And Laptops ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog". 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Cristalinux.blogspot.com Review on Fuduntu 14.7
- Fuduntu Linux Homepage
- Jupiter Applet Homepage
- Fuduntu listing on Distrowatch
- Review on Fuduntu 14.7
Fuduntu Linux Fedora Based Distro
- DonsDeals: Fuduntu Linux looks like an interesting Fedora Based Distro. Post number 2
- Fuduntu • Home
- DonsDeals: Fuduntu Linux
- Fuduntu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Fuduntu Linux to shut down, new distro to follow - Network World
- Fuduntu Linux is closing its doors | PCWorld
- Fuduntu Linux - Google Search
Fuduntu Error on Boot - Dropping to debug shell. sh: can't access tty; job control turned off dracut:/#
- fuduntu can't access tty - Google Search
- Fuduntu • View topic - Errors trying to run live session off USB stick; help?
- '[BusyBox] can't access tty: job control turned off - SOLVED' thread - MARC
- Fuduntu • View topic - First boot2013.1 sh:can't access tty; job control turned off
- LXer: Next on my list of distros to play with: Fuduntu review
- can't boot Fedora 16 live cd - FedoraForum.org
- FedoraForum.org - View Single Post - Lenovo S205 won't boot any Live USB Fedora distro
- Solution for “/bin/sh: Can’t access tty; job control turned off” error | Prakash A.S.