Search My Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Viktor's DIY - Solid State Relay Switched Mains Rig

I like the use of Parts that he had on hand, for this Project. Good How To Details and Pics too...

Don

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Solid State Relay Switched Mains Rig

Introduction


For a number of my upcoming projects I need a rig to test the functionality of a solid state relay that would be driven by a microcontroller and switch the mains for other devices. Having done projects with similar requirements in the past I remembered how much pain it was to test the solid state relay (SSR) with naked mains cables running around, etc. This time I decided to create a marginally more sophisticated setup that would allow a quick, easy and safe way to do this. Also, now that I have made this once, I can reuse this rig in any future project with zero effort. Making this took about a day's work - most of the time was spent on finding materials that suited my needs.

This mains output is switched by a solid state relay, baby! :)


Materials


Read More...
http://diy.viktak.com/2012/12/solid-state-relay-switched-mains-rig.html

Solid State Relay Switched Mains Rig
Mains rated solid state relay test box
Viktor's DIY: Solid State Relay Switched Mains Rig

Popular Posts


No comments: